Thread: 1994 bmw k75 rt

1994 bmw k75 rt

Good afternoon--Looking for some ideas about problem I'm having. Started out with a short to ground at the rear brake. Pinched a wire, repaired/all good I'm happy. Putting everything back together, mounting the tank--making the connection to the tank--and the fuel pump starts!? Ignition is off!! Any ideas??? Thanks for any help. Been riding these Bricks since the late 90's and this one has me stumped.. Thanks again for any ideas. I know this has to be something simple and I'm too simple to figure this one out. Jim from South Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by beemersubarufan View Post
    Good afternoon--Looking for some ideas about problem I'm having. Started out with a short to ground at the rear brake. Pinched a wire, repaired/all good I'm happy. Putting everything back together, mounting the tank--making the connection to the tank--and the fuel pump starts!? Ignition is off!! Any ideas??? Thanks for any help. Been riding these Bricks since the late 90's and this one has me stumped.. Thanks again for any ideas. I know this has to be something simple and I'm too simple to figure this one out. Jim from South Dakota
    It sounds to me like the fuel pump relay is stuck in the "on" or energized position.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

BMW K75rt fuel pump issue

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    It sounds to me like the fuel pump relay is stuck in the "on" or energized position.
    A stuck relay was my first go to. Changed relay with working unit from k100 I have in the stable--same issue. Nothing is shorting out--wishing that was the problem. . Thanks for your input.

3 Red Bricks
    Does the pump run with the relay removed? That will tell you if there is a short after the relay or if it is in the relay control circuit.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare