Thread: 2020 F750GS - Mounting a Dry Spec Tool Tube - Twisted Throttle

2020 F750GS - Mounting a Dry Spec Tool Tube - Twisted Throttle

The used 2020 F750 I got in December came with a lot of after marked items installed but didn't have it's BMW tool Kit. I had been thinking about adding a CruzTools Roadtech B2 BMW Tool kit for my F850GSA and that would free up the kit I assembled for the F750GS. Now where to carry it, the space under the seat is taken by a switching fuse box for the GPS and USB charging plug I had installed, and I don't like to have to un-pack my bags looking for tools. Twisted Throttle

ToolTube1.jpg advertised a tool tube
    that looking like it might be perfect for the job. I ordered one and received it in a few days. I test fitted it inside my port bag rack with some zip ties, it fit great but needed mounts that would not fail on a rough road. Screenshot 2022-01-24 160724.jpg

A quick trip to the hardware store came up with exactly what I needed, combined with some stainless steel machine screws and lock-tight nuts I had the tube mounted in a few minutes. My tool roll fit in it nicely, it is water tight and handy if needed.

ToolTube2.jpg

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    They are a good product. I mounted 2 on my TW200 in the same way.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    They are a good product. I mounted 2 on my TW200 in the same way.
    OM
    Just for those who don't know, these "tool tubes' were originally meant to be "manual tubes" - they held the owner's manual for pieces of farm equipment, so the farmer always had it with him, dry and safe. And they are a bit less expensive at agriculture / farm equipment supply places:

https://www.agrisupply.com/manual-ca...lain/p/109319/
    jZ
    There is some perverse beauty about being up in the air looking down at your bike during a high-side get-off.

These canisters have a multitude of uses. I have one on my G310GS that holds tire repair tools and materials. And each of our G310s also have one that holds a 1 liter MSR brand fuel bottle with some spare fuel.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/