• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1992 r100r

chasmrider

not lost til out of gas
anybody watch the BaT auction this weekend? a 1992 R100R ridden by Yvon Duhamel, in a BMW promo called Battle of the Legends, sold on sunday. as fate would have it I bought a bike from the same promo, ridden by Jay Springsteen, about a month ago. someone on BaT said a guy with a motorcycle shop in Denver also has one. so my friend says you should have a reunion. sounds like fun to me, maybe at a national rally, or perhaps at a racetrack. so I am wondering if anyone knows where any of the other bikes from this promo are? I thought we could talk here in the forum, and see if there was any interest. who knows maybe Daytona would be interested in having us back. I will reach out to the guy in Denver, thanks for looking. what do you think?

well it has been almost a week, and no word. thanks to all who looked. I have also posted in two other forums, no word there either. I am still waiting for my bike to be delivered, when it gets here, I will continue my search on two wheels. hopefully I will find them eventually.

thanks Barry, I have the book and some posters coming with the bike. still waiting on the shipper, hopefully it will arrive in a few weeks.

I attended all 6 Legends Races at Daytona Raceway during Bike Week in the 90’s. Kinda nice to see BMW’s on the track. Got the opportunity to rub shoulders with racing greats. Good memories.

my bike has arrived :clap:groovy battery was dead, now waiting for a battery. I talked to the BaT auction winner, and he is up for a meet up. also talked to Matt Iles, Iles Motorsports, the bike in his shop belongs to a customer, Matt has passed my info on. so we have a handle on 3 of them, hoping we can find more. still hoping for a meetup at the national rally, or maybe bike week in Daytona.

Back