• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Northern Wisconsin or UP of Michigan

hstender

Just wondering if anyone is planning on some rides or get togethers in 2022 in these areas. I’m located near Green Bay, former Yooper. I know last September there was a ride/ rally near Wakefield. I just don’t see any activity being talked up for 2022. Maybe too early? But I’d be happy to just know if there are any members in the area that would even enjoy a day ride together now and then.

You might want to keep an eye on Big Snow Resort in the UP up near Wakefield, MI. They are planning a number of motorcycle events, both off and on road for the summer. I've never been to the resort, but a number of guys from our club have and they say its great and the events have been exceptional. I have ridden some of the roads around the area and they were worth the trip. The web page still shows events from 2021 but I know they are planning the calendar for 2022.

https://www.bigsnow.com/roadtouring-events

Just wondering if anyone is planning on some rides or get togethers in 2022 in these areas. I’m located near Green Bay, former Yooper. I know last September there was a ride/ rally near Wakefield. I just don’t see any activity being talked up for 2022. Maybe too early? But I’d be happy to just know if there are any members in the area that would even enjoy a day ride together now and then.

Thank you

Thanks, Nut. I am aware of those events. But was hoping for something more like a 2 or 3 day ride/ Campout. Or if some were thinking of some day rides around NE Wisconsin. Nothing real big, just some riding, maybe a little camping.

Camping in Grand Marais, MN

There is a nice city campground in Grand Marais, and of course, Betty's Pies is on the way in Two Harbors! Nice day ride out, camp, and back. You can hit Riderwarehouse as well. Take a look at the BMWST.com site for a group outing in the Dells.

Thanks

Thank you, Scout. I have camped at that campground and it is very nice. Back in 2011, I did exactly as you describe. I rode up to Grand Marais from Green Bay Area, camped overnight and rode home the next day. I rode H58 both directions to enjoy its curves. Nice ride.

Back