• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nascar 2022

When I was growing up in- gasp- North Dakota we frequently got our first snow around Halloween but most of it was gone by Easter. For most of November through March the grass was under inches to feet of snow or snirt, as we called the windblown mixture of snow and dirt. But lo and behold, by May the grass usually needed to be mowed once more.

When I was growing up in- gasp- North Dakota we frequently got our first snow around Halloween but most of it was gone by Easter. For most of November through March the grass was under inches to feet of snow or snirt, as we called the windblown mixture of snow and dirt. But lo and behold, by May the grass usually needed to be mowed once more.

Grass was probably in its normal state of dormancy fall prepares the grass for.
OM

My takeaway from watching at the stadium last eve.
This 500 will be interesting again!
So many changes to the car itself this year, and in-person they look
Terrific. And their exhaust note is noticeable different, very short exhaust stack that now exits behind the front wheels.
They handle well, that was evident. What the change to rack & pinion steering has in that, is to be determined.
The single lug nut adaptation will change pit stops and place more importance on the driver; good.
I’ll take any Ford Sunday over the others…

Practice sessions on now. NASCAR Truck series at 7:30 pm.

Lots of activity before the Daytona 500 on Sunday :burnout

OM

From the Xfinity race last night-

A tribute to all involved making a wreck like this survivable. :bow :bow

Almost time for the Daytona 500 :burnout

OM

Austin Dillon had the same thing happen to him several years ago. Also walked away! :thumb

Looks like everyone is excited about the NEXGEN cars being all what was hoped for.

I would like to see the trans-axel that stands up to these conditions.

OM

Congratulations to Austin Cindric winning the Daytona 500. I worked at Penske Racing for 12 years in the engine shop & then for 8 years in the Roush-Yates Ford engine shop. Austin's father is the general manager of Penske Racing. Austin is a great kid he always comes by the shop with donuts after a win & talks to everyone. Very few drivers ever come by the engine shop.

Congratulations to Austin Cindric winning the Daytona 500. I worked at Penske Racing for 12 years in the engine shop & then for 8 years in the Roush-Yates Ford engine shop. Austin's father is the general manager of Penske Racing. Austin is a great kid he always comes by the shop with donuts after a win & talks to everyone. Very few drivers ever come by the engine shop.

Shows some class. :thumb

Did he mention his past sponsor in error? Menards?

OM

Looks like some kinks in new car operations and some good field testing at some teams expense. A spinfest for sure in Fontana and inability to drive off from flats with 19” wheels and very slim sidewalls. Think they said working on a solution in next few weeks . Waiting for a tow sure takes a lot of time.
The center lug misfire took Byron out of contention in a blink. Operator error it seems with reverse threads on left side? That huge socket splines were toast!
The bodies do seem to take some serious hits and keep rolling though. Overheating with new air duct system, transaxle/ driveline feel and sequential shifting issues for other’s.
Was good seeing Mark Martin up in the booth. Cool cat!
Thought Tyler Reddick had it for sure… but that’s racin’!

Back in the day, cars had left and right threads on cars. :gerg Supposedly for the same reason. It was easy to mess up.
OM

Was Mark in the booth? I didn't see all the race but heard Matt Kenseth on commentary.

Back