• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

88-92 R100 Fork Leg needed

limeymike

HI, I am looking for a left fork leg from a 88-92 R100RS. I noticed the previous owner had over tightened one of the axle pinch bolts and cracked the slider. I believe the fork leg is common to both R80 and R100. Thanks.

I would certainly put a wanted ad in the Marketplace link at the top of the page. Also, check the used parts section in the link in my signature line.

replacement fork slider

I replaced the right side fork slider on my '92 R100RS with a used part from Re-Psycle in Ohio, it was in very good condition, half the price of a new part, easy folks to deal with
Adam

It appears many used go for around $100 on ebay. You may have to wait a little while for the correct part to show up.
I searched for "BMW R100 fork slider" and got several results.

Good hunting.

Last edited:
I purchased a used slider from Motorworks UK. Even with international shipping it cost a lot less than local options and they have always been great to work with. The stanchion is in good shape after having it checked for rust, cracks, and straightness.
Thanks to everyone for input and help.

Back