• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

LBS Rig

Would a normal motor shop be able to work on the bike with the rig on it? Would they not work on the bike unless the tug was off?

It's a beautiful rig you have there, my concern is finding someone to work on one or both for service

Enjoyed those last pics, seems you take that rig into some rough terrain.

Would a normal motor shop be able to work on the bike with the rig on it? Would they not work on the bike unless the tug was off?

It's a beautiful rig you have there, my concern is finding someone to work on one or both for service

Enjoyed those last pics, seems you take that rig into some rough terrain.
Not sure, I suppose every shop might be different-- this particular side car does not come apart.. The Local dealer did some recall work on my other one. Charged me a bit of extra time because of the sidecar. The Rear flange replacement.
I do all my own work so really can't say.
And yes this sidecar was built to take off road.

My rig with a new LBS leading link front suspension is ready to be picked up.

Resized-20231109-143738.jpg

My rig with a new LBS leading link front suspension is ready to be picked up.

Resized-20231109-143738.jpg

Kevin, what’s the base bike around which the rig was built? I sold my street-only S/C rig last year but I’m seeing a GSA-based rig in the future…

Thx,
DeVern

Kevin, what’s the base bike around which the rig was built? I sold my street-only S/C rig last year but I’m seeing a GSA-based rig in the future…

Thx,
DeVern

It is a 2019, R1250GSA. The original build was by the now defunct DMC of Washington (not to be confused with Texas DMC) with an Expedition sidecar and their steering modification to reduce trail. The steering modification was improperly installed and damaged the trailing arm (telelever), so I had it replaced with the LBS kit.

It is a 2019, R1250GSA. The original build was by the now defunct DMC of Washington (not to be confused with Texas DMC) with an Expedition sidecar and their steering modification to reduce trail. The steering modification was improperly installed and damaged the trailing arm (telelever), so I had it replaced with the LBS kit.

Thanks! Please report back on the LBS front end after some miles! I had the steering mod installed on my brick-k rig and it mostly worked but had I kept that rig I’d have been doing something different there.

Best,
DeVern

Life with this rig has been great. On reflecting on this past summers trips and planning next summers journeys I thought I would share, so here are a few pictures. Let me know when you get tired of sidecar pictures :clap
IMG_8968.jpg

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

IMG_9114.jpg

IMG_9148.jpg

IMG_9155.jpg

Great pictures of an epic trip, Brian. Canada has much to offer to motorcyclists and we feel very fortunate to live as close as we do Alberta and British Columbia. My favorite pictures (so far) of our riding adventures in Canada; taken in Jasper NP by a friend:

5E76AE9F-FA09-430A-AF14-174AFFA673A3.jpg

42528F8E-E066-425E-BE38-C1E0C9B76031.jpg

Back