• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What's underneath Klim Badland pants

blkb1rd

Greeting all this Christmas I was given a pair of Badland pants.. to replace 22 years and over 200,000 miles worth of using a pair of moto port over pants.. the overpants are still in good shape.. but since I have crossed over to the GS realm.. so here is my question.. in a few days I'm leaving from North Carolina to go to florida.. it will be cold when I leave.. so what should I wear underneath the Badlands pants to keep warm.. and as always thank you all for your contributions to the answer

Tom Casey
75 R75/6 old yeller
17 R12GSA RD RN'R (the tag)

In cool weather I wear Under Armour tights and in hot weather I wear silks.

I think the badlands pants are at least a three season pant aren’t they? In cooler weather with my climb pants… I usually just put on a base layer, which I have NP Moto base layer pants as well as some Northface or Patagonia. Do you happen to be attending the NEF rally? It’s supposed to be real nice 65° weather this weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the badlands pants are at least a three season pant aren’t they? In cooler weather with my climb pants… I usually just put on a base layer, which I have NP Moto base layer pants as well as some Northface or Patagonia. Do you happen to be attending the NEF rally? It’s supposed to be real nice 65° weather this weekend :-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I am going to the winter rally at live oak but in North Carolina when I leave that morning it's going to be in the low 20s..

Most of Klim’s riding gear is a shell concept. the shell protects you from abrasion and rain and has built in padding with some pockets. The rest is on you.

they sell layers but you can use any really. A hiking or outdoors store can probably cover you. Focus on materials that are light, thin, anti-microbial and tight fitting. Wool is a good choice. You’ll want a base layer that is either solid or perforated depending on the temps you’re riding in then a mid-layer usually wool but could be anything else. That will do the most good.

If you want to stay in Klim’s circle:

https://www.klim.com/search?keywords=Aggressor The aggressor is 1.0 for thinnest and 3.0 for thickest. This is your base layer. They have a COOL model for warm weather that’s perforated.

Then https://www.klim.com/search?keywords=Layer&page=1

the solstice, Yukon or defender is your mid-layer.

You can go with another Moto-brand like MotoSkiveez or just do something they sell @ REI

I wear different layers. A base layer then heated gear. As it gets warmer I turn off the heat. Then I take off the heated pants when it really heats up. Maybe a pain in the ass to remove the heated pants but I don't like to be cold. This has served me well for a long time.

A nice merino wool base layer will work great to hold in your warmth and wick moisture away from your skin. I practically live in them during ski season.

Back