• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windscreen F800GS a few choices left... Touratech, Moose Racing, Givi, VStream

Zwniana

I am 5'8" and ride a lowered f800GS. I get a lot of wind noise in my Shoei RF-SR helmet. Thinking a windscreen may make a difference. Looking at the Moose Racing +4, the Large Touring Touratech, Givi 333DT, and the Stream Z2492.

Has anyone tried any of these? Thoughts? :help

Thank you!

I had the Givi 333DT on my bike for a while, it had good coverage, but I needed more length for my 6' frame. I ended up with a Madstad instead, which I much prefer because of the adjustability. It's easy to drop when the temps get warm and I'm riding slow.

Is a windscreen even worth it? Will it provide any comfort to buffering and wind noise in helmet?

Also would you go clear or tinted shield?

Last edited:
I found it tremendously helpful in blocking both wind and noise, but I had to find the right windscreen to do it (hence the adjust-ability of the Madstad). The little flair wings on side also help a lot for both wind and noise.

I have the light grey tint, as I bought the screen/mounts used. Color wasn't that important to me, as I don't look through the screen while riding.

There may be some pictures here of my build

Puig

I've had good luck on a few bikes with the PUIG brand screens. Looking at both revzilla and Puig sites it appears its no longer made. Great screen and I did 20k miles with that screen, I liked it enough I've put their screens on two subsequent bikes and have one on my 850GSA now too.

Touratech Didnt Work For Me

I tried the Touratech touring screen. Looked awesome on the bike too. Unfortunately the buffeting was simply out of control. Worked well to get the wind off chest and shoulders, just hit me right at the eye level. Painful on my ears!

Aeroflow windshield

In Regard to Aeroflow I have 2022 F750GS low and I am 5/9". Looking at Aeroflow 13 inch? Would appreciate any comments.

Back