• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New around here

Hello, everyone.

I'm newly registered here, but I've actually been a Life Member for just over a quarter century. However, I never got around to registering here until this week.

I have logged about a quarter million miles on BMWs. I taught MSF courses for over fifteen years. However, I stopped riding during COVID, and I logged few miles for a couple years before that. Nothing bad happened. Life just got in the way.

So, I plan to get back into the swing of things this year.

I recognize a few names from rallies past. Hello!

I have some catching up to do. I already posted one query. There will be more. I also look forward to chatting with people.

I'm in upstate NY.

Welcome from Idaho! Good to have you join the conversation. I will encourage you to consider attending the BMW MOA's 50th Anniversary Rally in Springfield, MO in June! Going to be a great event and a lot of fun. You couldn't find a better place to expand your circle of BMW riding friends. :thumb

Hallo 66789! Glad you've joined the 21st Century MOA community Online!

I'm supposing your bike is stabled indoors for the foreseeable future.... BC < Before Covid > we were regulars at the Finger Lakes Rally. :groovy

Hope/wish that you'll resurface in June in Springfield, MO. Gonna a be a Really Big Shoe as Ed Sullivan said! :kbasa

MOA's turning 50, so that doesn't happen every summer. Nope! Won't want to be missing this one...

We'll see you at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds {even if you've given up the camping life}; Springfield, MO, 16-18 June!

We passed through NY to/from Acadia Park last fall on our Iron Butt 2021 Quest; leaves were just starting to turn colors....

Maybe you'll get serious about BMW Touring in 2022 -- << https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/npt/ >> It's fun to be out & about!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —&— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —— '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Thanks, everyone.

I used to enjoy attending the Finger Lakes rallies back in the '90s and early '00s. In fact, I drank from one of my rally mugs earlier today. I didn't go for years, because I taught MSF courses that weekend so that others could attend. More recently, life got in the way, then, of course, COVID.

I haven't been to an MOA national rally in over ten years. I penciled this year's rally into my calendar. I'll see if I can make it work.

No riding anytime soon! Something about ice on the roads and below-zero temperatures....

This spring, though....

I've been to Oregon on the bike once. I especially enjoyed visiting Crater Lake. I've never been to Newfoundland. Friends in New Brunswick keep inviting me to visit, so you never know. I've been to NJ on the bike a bunch of times, Idaho once, Huntsville only in the four-wheeler.

Thanks, everyone.

I used to enjoy attending the Finger Lakes rallies back in the '90s and early '00s. In fact, I drank from one of my rally mugs earlier today. I didn't go for years, because I taught MSF courses that weekend so that others could attend. More recently, life got in the way, then, of course, COVID.

I haven't been to an MOA national rally in over ten years. I penciled this year's rally into my calendar. I'll see if I can make it work.

No riding anytime soon! Something about ice on the roads and below-zero temperatures....

This spring, though....

I've been to Oregon on the bike once. I especially enjoyed visiting Crater Lake. I've never been to Newfoundland. Friends in New Brunswick keep inviting me to visit, so you never know. I've been to NJ on the bike a bunch of times, Idaho once, Huntsville only in the four-wheeler.

I predict your bike will take you to some amazing places this year, and in years to come, if you just follow it's front wheel. :brow It's so good to hear about someone getting back in touch with one of life's rare pleasures.

I predict your bike will take you to some amazing places this year, and in years to come, if you just follow it's front wheel. :brow It's so good to hear about someone getting back in touch with one of life's rare pleasures.

I look forward to it. Thanks!

I went to Big Twin in Boise (does it still exist?) about 25 years ago to get my oilhead serviced, in the middle of a cross-country trip. I remember seeing a group of Hell's Angels ride out of the parking lot on loaner BMWs as I arrived, while their Harleys were being serviced. It was quite the look. I took out a Triumph as a loaner while they worked on my bike. It was a good day.

Welcome 66789! Impressive BMW mileage. Glad to have you amongst the posters. A pic or two are always appreciated.

Back