• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wunderlich Seat Lowering kit- not recommended at all

My seat is a little high. (standard seat with bracket set to low side) I'm reaching slightly more than I would like. It's not like scary or anything- I would just prefer to have a bit more contact with the ground. So, this little kit seemed to be just what the Doc ordered.

Lowers about 10mm without major expense or sacrificing any seat padding. According to salescritter- this is how the OEM "low" seat came to be.

aaaaaaaaand here is the result. Damn near an inch gap. (edit: this forum software really likes to rotate pics doesn't it?)

IMG_0295.jpg

:doh:laugh:nono I don't effing think so, WL. Thanks for playing. The balls of my size 14's and I will be just fine on our standard height seat.

Oh yeah, they lower the seat. When I got mine I was under the impression that they'd also raise the seat 10mm in front by having the greater offset on top; they don't stay "up". (I just checked the link and they make no such claim! I thought they did at one time.) I'm not sure why anyone would want the seat even lower in front as the normal cant pushes me into the gas tank (both with stock seat and RDL). But they're a nicely made clever easy fix if that's the direction you want to go.

Back