• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cost $$ of new RT.

Build Your Own shows $645 for the RS models.

Looks like it went up, we paid $495.

Playing with the "Build Your Own" tool I see
$645 for a G310R and a R1250RS
$645 for a RT
$795 for a R1800TC and K1600GTL
It did not matter if the bike was base or loaded .

Looks like it went up, we paid $495.

Playing with the "Build Your Own" tool I see
$645 for a G310R and a R1250RS
$645 for a RT
$795 for a R1800TC and K1600GTL
It did not matter if the bike was base or loaded .
It would interesting to find out if a dealer actually pays that full amount for shipping and handling or is there a profit to the dealer that just gets passed along to the buyer as an expense.

I was assuming it was going to go up WAY more than that. Shipping containers went from $2500 on average to $20,000 on the open auctions so that $500 destination should really be $5,000 but I guess BMW just has to eat it in order to keep bikes flowing.

In so many ways it's a changed world. I just looked at a local offering for an 2022 R1250 RT. It's not in the BMW store yet, but it's got most of the good stuff, including the 719 package, and the price is $26,240.

Here's the fine print which defines the final deal:

"Due to continued challenges across supplier networks as well as increasing logistics costs, product pricing, freight charges, specifications, and features are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm all information with your local dealership."

Looks like negotiation is an archaic concept...

I was assuming it was going to go up WAY more than that. Shipping containers went from $2500 on average to $20,000 on the open auctions so that $500 destination should really be $5,000 but I guess BMW just has to eat it in order to keep bikes flowing.

After watching the tracking on our bikes, $495 seemed like a bargain.
Tracking showed the bikes were moved from the factory in Germany by rail and truck to the ship.
After arriving in NY they were moved by truck and plane to Kansas City.

I bought a 2022 RT yesterday. Destination fee $495... Best I can tell the build date is 4/11/21 if that means anything.

After watching the tracking on our bikes, $495 seemed like a bargain.
Tracking showed the bikes were moved from the factory in Germany by rail and truck to the ship.
After arriving in NY they were moved by truck and plane to Kansas City.

There's still a few salespeople @ dealers who every week have to deal with someone haggling them over 'destination' and I know they're in sales but I'm not sure how level-headed I could be when I had to repeatedly tell a customer that we moved a 650 pound crate from Berlin to Jersey via Rotterdam and then over to Chicago and they want me to just pretend that shipping was free. LOL. I guess BMW could just build it into the sticker but I kind of like they break it out.

There's still a few salespeople @ dealers who every week have to deal with someone haggling them over 'destination' and I know they're in sales but I'm not sure how level-headed I could be when I had to repeatedly tell a customer that we moved a 650 pound crate from Berlin to Jersey via Rotterdam and then over to Chicago and they want me to just pretend that shipping was free. LOL. I guess BMW could just build it into the sticker but I kind of like they break it out.

And….. I like to ask how much would it cost to pick it up? :D
OM

There's Never been a better time for BMW to announce European Delivery!!!!

I'd do it! (Especially once COVID calms down.)

My brother did it with a four wheeler (not BMW, pre-COVID). He and his family had a great experience.

Re MOA discount: is this a temporary program, or permanent? I got an MOA discount when I bought my '94 R1100RS, but not since then.

I don't suppose there's a delivery option to Spartanberg, as there is for a four-wheeler, is there?

For that matter, is there an MOA discount for a four-wheel Bimmer?

I'd do it! (Especially once COVID calms down.)

My brother did it with a four wheeler (not BMW, pre-COVID). He and his family had a great experience.

Re MOA discount: is this a temporary program, or permanent? I got an MOA discount when I bought my '94 R1100RS, but not since then.

I don't suppose there's a delivery option to Spartanberg, as there is for a four-wheeler, is there?

For that matter, is there an MOA discount for a four-wheel Bimmer?

Nothing is permanent but I'm sure many of us in the MOA would love it to be.

BMW CCA Members get car discounts - https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate

Ours are limited to the motorcycles only. On an infinite timeline, the discounts will probably go away but I'm glad we have them today. I've used it at least 3 times since the program was introduced.

BMW CCA Car & Motorcycle Member Rewards/Incentives

As Adam noted in the prior post, BMW CCA Members get what the CCA calls "Member Rewards." These count for BMW cars. A CCA member has to have been a member for one year at the time of the purchase of the car to get the "reward. "That time can be reduced to six months if a member joins for a three-year membership.

A CCA or MOA member can get an "incentive" for the purchase of a BMW motorcycle, but the membership must have been continuous for a year before the incentive can be requested.

Here's the URL which shows the motorcycle incentives: https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/offers/bmw-appreciation-offers/bmw-car-club-america-members.html There's a long list of eligible motorcycles at this URL.

Here's a chart of the car "rewards:"

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 8.50.40 AM.png

There are other rewards/incentives also, such as that for members of USAA. however, in most if not all cases, a purchaser can't claim two rewards or incentives for the same purchase. Also, there are certain model motorcycles not included: "M 1000 RR, CE 04, 2022 K 1600 B/Grand America/GT/GTL, and auction units do not qualify."

BTW, local dealer here in Denver also offers MOA members a 10% discount on parts. I suspect most dealers will do the same, you just have to remember to ask for it.

Always bothered me that CCA got discounts, including bikes and we (MOA) received nothing for years. I discussed with and know that Ted Moyer (and others of position) really carried the ball on getting discounts for us. With BMW's revolving management personnel it was difficult just getting a continuum of discussion going on the topic, so thanks again. And have to say, as a percentage, we do quite a bit better than CCA's membership rebate, given car vs bike average MSRP. It's all good.

Thanks, everyone. I joined the CCA, in case I decide to buy a new four-wheel Bimmer in the next few years. If I choose to buy a Bimmer, I'll probably do delivery in Spartanburg, since there is no Euro delivery any longer.

I still want Euro delivery, especially for the bike. LOL.

I bought a 2022 RT yesterday. Destination fee $495... Best I can tell the build date is 4/11/21 if that means anything.

4/11/2021, sure it’s not a ‘21 because ‘22 production typically would not have started until August of 2021. Not sure when Destination charge went from 495 to 645 on RT however, the ‘22 I purchased one week ago had a 495 figure. Many on cycle trader now have the 645 amount, it is a mixed bag.

4/11/2021, sure it’s not a ‘21 because ‘22 production typically would not have started until August of 2021. Not sure when Destination charge went from 495 to 645 on RT however, the ‘22 I purchased one week ago had a 495 figure. Many on cycle trader now have the 645 amount, it is a mixed bag.

Didn't the 22 RT have a early introduction?

ok, so, I learned something about dates and how they are written in Germany.

Turns out the build sheet was printed 11/4/21 and the bike was built 11/13/21 or how the Germans do it....printed 04.11.21 and built 13.11.21

The number version is pretty much like the American version of the date. Instead of using slashes, however, German uses periods, and you put the day before the month. So November 4, 1990 would be written in English as 11/4/1990, but in German as 4.11.90 (and make sure you don’t confuse this with April 11!). In addition, German dates will often be preceded by am, meaning “on,” or der, meaning “the.”

I have a Saturday bike. I hope they didn't drink too much Friday night.

Back