• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Christmas Eve Ride

pglaves

I just spent a couple of days doing a major service on my venerable K75RTP. One new rear tire, an oil change, transmission oil change, final drive oil change, brake system flush and spark plug inspection (I never replace perfectly good plugs) had me eager to scuff in the new tire. Voni and I rode down to FM170 and then 30 or so miles on the River Road toward Presidio. And back of course. It was about 120 miles total and a good ride on my "winter bike", the K75RTP late of the Lawrence Kansas Police Department by way of Engle Motors in Kansas City in 2007.

This is not a bike I have ridden a lot: only 28,000 miles in 14 years or 2,000 on average a year. But I like this bike. It is my winter bike.

But alas, today was not a winter day even if Christmas Eve. Most of our ride on the River Road, Study Butte to Big Hill and back on FM170 was about 85F (29.4C). Not exactly winter. I did wear my mesh jacket but drank about 3 liters of water in the 120 or so miles.

Now how was your ride?????

The wife and I did 100 miles on Christmas Eve Eve breaking in our new helmets and battery and putting some miles on the new rear tire also. It was about 75 with clear blue skies and just a beautiful day to ride. We hadn’t been on our 07RT for a few months because I had shoulder surgery and it felt great to get back in the wind.

Merry Christmas!

Ho, Ho, Ho to all y'all Beemer Buddies this Christmas morning!

We bumped up our Saturday Vintage Breakfast gathering to Friday at the Blue Plate Cafe. Had at least seven riders and their spouses ride on some sort of Vintage (or maybe brand new) motorcycle on a cloudy but "comfortable Dec 24th" in Rocket City. Some rides were certainly longer than others, but Karen put on her official, gifted, BMW leathers and rode her '82 CS down the road...

Be safe, be seen, & be Merry! Wave as U go by... :clap

Breakfast-Bunch.jpeg

No pics, left riding camera on wrong bike.
We took a mid morning ride to New Braunfels for lunch at H’s sisters and return along the other River Road along the Guadalupe right before sunset. Maybe a hundred miles and temps near 80f… had to open vents on jacket in December :hide :laugh

Christmas Eve to February 20th, 2022

Seasoned Greetings! I did ride Christmas Eve of 2021! Weird weather. We had at least 3 January Thaws here in Minneapolis, MN! Timing on getting the motorcycle out though during the 40 degree days. Almost 60 days... The neighbor was walking into his garage, "You taking a motorcycle ride today?" He chuckled. "If it starts!" I smiled and laughed. BMW K1200RS roared to life while I checked the tires. added some air to both.

Forecast for Minneapolis was 37 degrees. Cold air pools south of the city of Minneapolis. Coming home from church today the temperature was in the 40's! Bright Sunshine bouncing off the snowbanks. Home thermometer was hovering just under 50 degrees. I idled out of the ice rutted alley, roared with a smile... I didn't go to far, 15 mile loop.

2022 Motorcycle Season has arrived! However there is a heavy snow storm coming through tomorrow and Tuesday. All the better to take the BMW out..

Timothy Lindstrom
Columbia Heights, MN
2003 BMW K1200RS

Back