• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Favorite Tire Pressure Gauge for your Bike

I bought one of these for each vehicle I have. I think the purchase was based on a recommendation I saw here in the forum. They are inexpensive, sturdy, and compact. No batteries required. They agree within 1 psi with the TMPS in my truck and RV. The TPMS in my GS always reads low relative to the gauge.

I have a BestRest gauge but the spokes interfere with getting it on the valve stem.

Ken

I liked mine...but...had to take it apart once as it seized up inside, probably from condensation from leaving it in bike in colder temperatures. Now it leaks where the hose goes into the fitting that goes into the gauge and I have to hold it just right to get an accurate reading. I think these issues were due to using it with the cycle pump attached. It is designed to do this, but it was always difficult to do as those clip attachments would leak air if not held just right. I did use this quite often as I checked my tire pressure often and having the gauge attached to the pump made it easy, but I thought it would last longer.

Have you called them to check out their repair service?

https://bestrestproducts.com/shop/c...epump-lifetime-warranty/ezair-gauge-warranty/

A few years ago, my original CyclePump was well over 10 years old and started to rattle. Still worked but didn’t sound right. Mr. BestRest replaced it with a brand new model for about $30, no questions asked.

The design of the chuck has differed and changed over the years, and I’ve never had luck with any of the chuck designs having a positive seal-hold on the valve stem. I’ve found I need to hold the chuck on the stem when inflating, and listening to the motor change tone to know when it’s attached correctly. A dodgy chuck is my only issue with the CyclePump, not a deal breaker.

Love my KTM Racing dirt bike gage with hose, no batteries, every time I use it.

KTM Racing with hose, 0 - 60 psi, with hold feature and a push button to let off pressure while on the tire or after every check.

The gage has a nice rubber crash protector and nice swivels at both ends of the hose. It was expensive but I forgot how much a long time ago.

Milton...the old name standard, old one's if ya can find them, and they make a straight stab on model for the newer cast wheels.

It leaks where the hose goes into the fitting that goes into the gauge and I have to hold it just right to get an accurate reading. I think these issues were due to using it with the cycle pump attached. It is designed to do this, but it was always difficult to do as those clip attachments would leak air if not held just right. I did use this quite often as I checked my tire pressure often and having the gauge attached to the pump made it easy, but I thought it would last longer.

Mine has the same issue.

Several years ago, I moved away from my cool-looking but oversized (and somewhat inaccurate) CyclePump gauge. Now, both of my bikes have one of these digital Slime gauges in their respective tank bags.
https://www.autozone.com/tire-repai...OpkFAQfqnkVkPTFwm_RoC_1kQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This small gauge is compact, and probably more accurate than most analog gauges. The most obvious downside with this model is the battery isn't replaceable, but I've owned these for years and they're both still working fine.

Personally speaking, I found inflating tires using CyclePump gauge connected to the CyclePump compressor a little awkward, so I don't miss that feature. But still believe the CyclePump is the best inflator on the market.

YMMV.

Me too. Also moved to a lightweight, almost bottom of the line, slime 12v bicycle pump. I much prefer the lever valve stem attachment to the metal clip on.

I use the Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge. It has been the top rated gage by Consumer Reports for at least eight years. I've had one for eight years and it still works well. I have two and they continue to agree with each other. They do not work well with the GS spoke wheels unless the wheel has the newer style 90 degree TPMS sensor mounted.

https://www.consumerreports.org/pro...ressure-gauge-34471/accutire-ms-4021b-192071/

Got mine on Amazon but they are showing it currently unavailable. Walmart has them.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/accutire-ms-4021b-digital-tire-pressure-gauge/570820860[/SIZE]

Last edited:
I want one that agrees with display pressure on bike :laugh

My Miltons and dial AccuGauge agree with both cars. They agree with the bikes when compensated to 68F.
These are not digital so they might be .5 to 1 PSI off. Good enough for me.

I bought a little digital "Slime" gauge because a neighbor was having trouble getting his gauge to seat snugly on his stems - We were NOT happy with it; it was cumbersome to reset between readings and it was difficult to get exactly the right angle for it on the valve stems.

I returned my Slime, could not get the alignment correct and the Milton's agree with the bike within a #.

I bought a little digital "Slime" gauge because a neighbor was having trouble getting his gauge to seat snugly on his stems - We were NOT happy with it; it was cumbersome to reset between readings and it was difficult to get exactly the right angle for it on the valve stems.

I bought one too for $9 or so. The batteries died and replacements were $12. In the bin she went......

I bought one too for $9 or so. The batteries died and replacements were $12. In the bin she went......

I used to carry the cheap little Slime digital gauges in the bike and cars but gave up on them because the batteries did not last long or the gauge started to give crazy readings.

ccdde3af-096a-49a5-9b8c-6f26bad1c8c5_1.4c58ef7e89087346fe825d35af2e7e8b.jpeg

Post 12, Rhino gauge I use messed up and needle wouldn't go back to less than 12#'s. Called them, told them what happened to the gauge and they sent out a new one no charge. They wanted the old one back, told them I threw it away and bought a pencil type for the rest of the trip.

Since then I've bought two Milton pencil gauges, one for each bike as a backup to the Rhino I move between either bike. Since getting the Miltons, that's all I've been using since August.

The Rhino gauge matches the miltons nearly dead on.

Milton for me as well and I have a few others as well and found them all to be quite accurate also. I compared them with my digital shop gauge and all are within 1/2 a psi. Good enough for me. Now if only the TPMS was as accurate….:D

Back