Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Tire Pressure Gauge for your Bike

Quote Originally Posted by 54571 View Post
    This is a very accurate gage, a real plug to fill and measure in one step.

JACO FlowPro Digital Tire Inflator with Pressure Gauge - 200 PSI
    by JACO Superior Products
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETWXEWA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I bought that same gauge but it was off 1.5 to 2 PSI compared to my Accu dial gauge and both car TPMs.
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Several years ago, I moved away from my cool-looking but oversized (and somewhat inaccurate) CyclePump gauge. Now, both of my bikes have one of these digital Slime gauges in their respective tank bags.
    https://www.autozone.com/tire-repair...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

This small gauge is compact, and probably more accurate than most analog gauges. The most obvious downside with this model is the battery isn't replaceable, but I've owned these for years and they're both still working fine.

Personally speaking, I found inflating tires using CyclePump gauge connected to the CyclePump compressor a little awkward, so I don't miss that feature. But still believe the CyclePump is the best inflator on the market.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by rwadamsidaho View Post
    Looking for a good tire pressure gauge to take along on BDR trips. Looking for input for other BMW riders on which ones they really like, and why!
    I have a few; one that is ultra accurate and expensive and then a couple of pocket digital pressure gauges that I check against the Longacre gauge that I take on trips.

Name:  Long Acre 50394-L.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  Slime Digital Tire Pressure Gauge.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  Slime Pro-Series Digital 2-in-1 Gauge - Model 20454 - Front.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  64.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I bought that same gauge but it was off 1.5 to 2 PSI compared to my Accu dial gauge and both car TPMs.
    Mine is dead on, but 1.5 to 2 PSI is ok with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    CyclePump EZ Air Tire Gauge with right angle chuck by BestRest Products. Their pump is top notch also.

Name:  pump.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  395.0 KB
    I liked mine...but...had to take it apart once as it seized up inside, probably from condensation from leaving it in bike in colder temperatures. Now it leaks where the hose goes into the fitting that goes into the gauge and I have to hold it just right to get an accurate reading. I think these issues were due to using it with the cycle pump attached. It is designed to do this, but it was always difficult to do as those clip attachments would leak air if not held just right. I did use this quite often as I checked my tire pressure often and having the gauge attached to the pump made it easy, but I thought it would last longer.

I bought one of these for each vehicle I have. I think the purchase was based on a recommendation I saw here in the forum. They are inexpensive, sturdy, and compact. No batteries required. They agree within 1 psi with the TMPS in my truck and RV. The TPMS in my GS always reads low relative to the gauge.

I have a BestRest gauge but the spokes interfere with getting it on the valve stem.

Ken
    Murphy's Second Law: The number of things that can go wrong can only increase with time.
    2015 R1200GS

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erictucker123 View Post
    I liked mine...but...had to take it apart once as it seized up inside, probably from condensation from leaving it in bike in colder temperatures. Now it leaks where the hose goes into the fitting that goes into the gauge and I have to hold it just right to get an accurate reading. I think these issues were due to using it with the cycle pump attached. It is designed to do this, but it was always difficult to do as those clip attachments would leak air if not held just right. I did use this quite often as I checked my tire pressure often and having the gauge attached to the pump made it easy, but I thought it would last longer.
    Have you called them to check out their repair service?

https://bestrestproducts.com/shop/cy...auge-warranty/

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Have you called them to check out their repair service?

https://bestrestproducts.com/shop/cy...auge-warranty/
    A few years ago, my original CyclePump was well over 10 years old and started to rattle. Still worked but didnít sound right. Mr. BestRest replaced it with a brand new model for about $30, no questions asked.

The design of the chuck has differed and changed over the years, and Iíve never had luck with any of the chuck designs having a positive seal-hold on the valve stem. Iíve found I need to hold the chuck on the stem when inflating, and listening to the motor change tone to know when itís attached correctly. A dodgy chuck is my only issue with the CyclePump, not a deal breaker.

Love my KTM Racing dirt bike gage with hose, no batteries, every time I use it.

KTM Racing with hose, 0 - 60 psi, with hold feature and a push button to let off pressure while on the tire or after every check.

The gage has a nice rubber crash protector and nice swivels at both ends of the hose. It was expensive but I forgot how much a long time ago.