• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

AL 2nd Sat Ride-2-Eat to Hayden BBQ

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
The “acting” AlaBeemer Rides chairperson & Grande Poobah will lead a group of HSV riders after our regular Vintage M/C Breakfast to the Top Hat Barbecue restaurant in mid-Alabama: 8725 US Highway 31, Hayden, AL. --> N33° 55.869' W86° 47.984'

Look up #7 restaurant here in this list: << https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/alabama/best-barbecue-restaurants-al/ >>
We’ll consider the other BBQ joints further on down the road in the months to come...

I want to gather at the Top Hat ~11:10 on January 8, 2022. Hope the weather will cooperate for all the ADVenturesome. :eat

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —&— USAF-Ret'd
'09 650GS-twin —— '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Invitation for Next Saturday, after the Vintage cadre depart the Blue Plate Cafe ~0915, 8Jan22.

To eventually gather at ~11:10 at Top Hat BBQ in Hayden, AL, 8725 US Hwy 31; (256) 352-9919 is their hotline.

HSV riders to rendezvous at the Murphy Gas Station on S.Memorial Pkwy for non-ethanol, Hi-test gas ups.
Depart south on US 231 from Murphy's NLT 9:30.
Right onto Hwy-36 at Lacey's Spring intersection;
South on CR-55 [Eva Rd] in Wilson Mountain, AL;
Rt onto CR-1492, then continuing south on county roads;
CR-1508, CR-747, CR-742 all the way to Hanceville;
Turn Left from AL-91 onto US-31 south,
Continue all the way to Top Hat BBQ [ N33° 55.869' W86° 47.984’ ].

Total backroads' distance = 60 miles on mostly 2-laned backroads [~100 minutes].

Ride yourself homewards afterward...

Weather is now projected to be Cold But Dry in the AM at the Blue Plate on Governor's Drive, then warming to 53F in the afternoon.

It’s Winter now guys; it’s also your choice... :dunno
We’re still happy to be riding in Alabama in January 2022. :nod
Ciao, Phil & Karen

View attachment R2E-Jan-2022.GPX

Last edited:
Team HSV managed to elicit four other Intrepid Riders to our January Top Hat R2E. I'm disappointed more Birmingham locals decided it was too cold or they were too busy or whatever it was to avoid this outing {that was, after all, the reason for choosing this location nearer metro B'ham}. The HSV crewe ended up riding around 140 miles roundtrip... Jim McC was so enthused over the past week about BBQ, that he rode the extra 110 miles north to the Blue Plate Cafe to join the HSV riders {with temps at or below freezing when he left home}! When the group headed south on US-231, the temps had warmed to about 40F, and after lunch, with the bright sun it was nearly 50! All in all, we enjoyed some hot coffee & good food, good conversation, and chit-chat about future '22 "Second Saturday" Rides. I'm trying to get some enthusiasm within the AlaBeemer ranks - Phil & Jim are certainly on the same wavelength... I'll try to come up with another fresh idea for Feb 12th. Let's hope there will be no white precipitation (like last Monday)...

Cheers Y'all from Pam & Tom, Allen, Jim, Phil & Karen

The Top Hat Exterior.
Top-Hat-view.jpeg

The Top Hat Attendees! L-R: Allen, Jim, Pam, Tom, Phil, Karen
Top-Hat-at-table.jpeg

Back