• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Modular Helmet Evaluation

Have been using Nolan for some time. Recently upgraded and having break in issues on same size as usual,guessing my head has swollen :lol the temple and forehead are painful after an hour. Most other models were not this tight.

I have had two head scraping events and the chinguard held its own.
Mine came from a non US locale and didn't search for certification stickers as its never been questioned since about '74 by a bored Houston PD officer who measured my reflective stickers for compliance just looking for anything to write a young guy a ticket and asked who painted the helmet and removed stickers... Not worried about having one now...Ill play the old guy card now :laugh

You bring up an interesting thought- Does sizing or head or both or neither change? When I replace say, my neotec with a neotec II can I be certain the sizing is the same as my 6 year old Neotec? If I were certain, I'd be more cost-comparison conscious re: vendors. (vis a vis return policy and price)

You bring up an interesting thought- Does sizing or head or both or neither change? When I replace say, my neotec with a neotec II can I be certain the sizing is the same as my 6 year old Neotec? If I were certain, I'd be more cost-comparison conscious re: vendors. (vis a vis return policy and price)

Sometimes the same brand will change head shapes.
I have the Schuberth C4 which fits good but Schuberth changed the head shape on the C4 Pro and that one does not fit me well. There was also a head shape change between the C3 and C4.

I replaced a Neotec with a Neotec II, same size. To me the fit was identical (although in both helmets I installed equally thinner cheek pads).

I have the Schuberth C4 which fits good but Schuberth changed the head shape on the C4 Pro and that one does not fit me well. There was also a head shape change between the C3 and C4.

Lee, maybe your head’s shape is changing……. 🤔

Have been using Nolan for some time. Recently upgraded and having break in issues on same size as usual,guessing my head has swollen :lol the temple and forehead are painful after an hour. Most other models were not this tight.

I worried about that as well and was pleasantly surprised. We both thought the new ones fit even better.

I had a C3 and tried the C4 and C4 Pro. Neither was even close to a tolerable fit for even a short time trying them on. Same with a couple other brands so I ended up back in a Shoei with a Neotec II. I've never tried a Shoei helmet of any model that was not a good fit for me so it seems they've kept a consistent head shape for several decades. Hope they never change or I may have a heck of a time finding a good fitting helmet.

I'm glad to see the Neotec reviewed well in this evaluation.

I worried about that as well and was pleasantly surprised. We both thought the new ones fit even better.

H and I are ‘tweeners on sizes, medium has been fine. I tried a large recently and still too loose. So, will just wear it on lots of short rides and let it adjust. Had manipulated foam some since last ride.

I had a C3 and tried the C4 and C4 Pro. Neither was even close to a tolerable fit for even a short time trying them on. Same with a couple other brands so I ended up back in a Shoei with a Neotec II. I've never tried a Shoei helmet of any model that was not a good fit for me so it seems they've kept a consistent head shape for several decades. Hope they never change or I may have a heck of a time finding a good fitting helmet.

I'm glad to see the Neotec reviewed well in this evaluation.

We must have the same head [does that double our IQ or halve it?]! Though I also have an agv that fits well- so well I'm tempted to try their SportModular modular...but it'd have to be really something to justify the jump in price from the already upscale Neotec. (Besides, the Shoei beat out the AGV in the OP video- though it's close enough.

Back