• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Cedar City, Utah -- September 16-18, 2022

Hi All - I'm considering this as my first BMW MOA getaway. I'm wondering if any people choose to camp for these or if that ends up missing the entire point of the getaway?
Thanks for any insight.
I'm more of an outdoors and my own bedding kind of traveller.

As I see it, the Getaways are much like a local club's long weekend ride. You're there for the riding/tourist thing mostly during the days.
The social stuff usually happens at the end of the day around the dinners/cash bar. (And the parking lot social and tire kicking when everybody arrives)
If you can find a camp spot nearby and it's not scary to ride to after dark you could always socialize with the group and peel off to your camp bed afterward.
I really like the Getaways so you should at least try one. You might get hooked though.

SS

As I see it, the Getaways are much like a local club's long weekend ride. You're there for the riding/tourist thing mostly during the days.
The social stuff usually happens at the end of the day around the dinners/cash bar. (And the parking lot social and tire kicking when everybody arrives)
If you can find a camp spot nearby and it's not scary to ride to after dark you could always socialize with the group and peel off to your camp bed afterward.
I really like the Getaways so you should at least try one. You might get hooked though.

SS

Thanks for the insight. It sounds like I should keep it simple and keep with the recommended itinerary (lodging) to get the most out of it.
I can camp in Zion on the way back to Vegas to scratch that itch...

Thanks for the insight. It sounds like I should keep it simple and keep with the recommended itinerary (lodging) to get the most out of it.
I can camp in Zion on the way back to Vegas to scratch that itch...

I'll be spending the night in Henderson on my way to Cedar City. Planning to ride up by Lake Mead ( North Shore road) then on to 15 for the rest. Maybe a quick stop in St George for frozen custard or lunch.

I'll be on a triple black F750GS.

Don

I'll be spending the night in Henderson on my way to Cedar City. Planning to ride up by Lake Mead ( North Shore road) then on to 15 for the rest. Maybe a quick stop in St George for frozen custard or lunch.

I'll be on a triple black F750GS.

Don

Good idea on North Shore Rd. I think that's what I'll do now. :)
Going to check with my house sitter for the weekend of the MOA trip and maybe I'll see you up there.

Back