• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Sugar Bush, Warren, Vermont -- September 9-11, 2022

Everyone has to get together. I haven’t seen anything posted in the Northeast regionals about the MOV event. I went to the MOV website and it looks like one would have to join to see the bulk of site information.
Could it be that the MOV group does more via Facebook?
OM

A valid point, but there have been several cases in recent memory where MOA events have clashed with local clubs' long standing annual events. Seems like reaching out to regional clubs while in the planning stages would benefit both parties. Perhaps the local clubs could assist by ensuring that their annual local events were hard coded into the ON listing. In prior years the Vermont Getaway was held in autumn at Jay Peak - no conflict and attendees enjoyed the fall foliage. I understand the change of location, but the timing may hurt the local club at a time when fiscal recovery from past travel restrictions is a concern.

Pete

Imagine if the MOA and the MOV worked together on events...

I would like to see everyone working together. With a strong, cohesive operation plan- event wise, I think there would be a better chance of event organizers being able to purchase liability insurance.
OM

This is off topic but… https://bmwmov.club/green-mountain-rally/ This page has been as-is for 9 months and open to anyone. Tickets go on sale in July.

The truth is, as sour as some people may think we are, our rally sells out every year a few days before the event so as an MOA board member and president of the MOV, I do believe the two events can coexist.

Adam , I don’t agree with your point of view.
My wife and I are long time members of both MOA and MOV. We were always worker bees at these events .

I am sure that there are enough rides that want to come to Vermont in September ,that both can do well.
BUT
Be so close together and same weekend forces members to choose one over the other This is not healthy for either MOV or MOA.
It’s not always about the money with these kind of clubs . It’s about it members .

As you have seats on both , please keep in mind that’s it all about the members

Thanks
Mike

Isn't that wonderful for you. However, the point of my post was that it's impossible to get more than cursory information unless one joins the MOV and how can I determine if I want to join until I can get more information. Creates a bit of a conundrum, no?

What information about the BMW Vermont Club are you looking to receive that isn’t on the website. I’ll make sure to add it. You’re talking to the person who can make this possible so please reply here, send me a direct message or an email. Adam@adamchandler.me. This is a new website for us so it’s still a work in progress.

Adam , I don’t agree with your point of view.
My wife and I are long time members of both MOA and MOV. We were always worker bees at these events .

I am sure that there are enough rides that want to come to Vermont in September ,that both can do well.
BUT
Be so close together and same weekend forces members to choose one over the other This is not healthy for either MOV or MOA.
It’s not always about the money with these kind of clubs . It’s about it members .

As you have seats on both , please keep in mind that’s it all about the members

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, This year, you’ll have to pick which one you attend and volunteer to help. I’m sorry about that. As President of the MOV, I don’t set the date of the green mountain rally. It’s always the 2nd week in September and has been for many years. As Secretary for the MOA, I don’t set getaway dates. This is done by the staff, events and director. I wouldn’t dare tell them to move an event simply because I’m a member and director for the Vermont club. They need to be able to execute on whatever weekend works best for them. I am gladly helping both events as well so both can equally be a success. I don’t see the success of one to equal the failure of another. There are plenty of people willing to come to Vermont during leaf peeping season.

The Green Mountain rally will remain the 2nd weekend of September unless the members ask us to move it.

The RA, MOA and hundreds of chartered clubs around the country have to pick from a very short list of dates. Vermont has rallies from June 1st through October 1st. There is an event every single weekend and usually 2 on the same weekend. We have MOV’s Lake Carmi the same weekend as the NEAR rally and MOA’s Getaway, MOV’s GMR and the Fundy Adventure Rally are taking place the same weekend and I have tickets to all 3 paid in full because I still support those clubs. It’s just a sad reality to riding events up here that there will be conflicts with dates. We all do our best.

To all others ,my email was shared above. Email me if you have questions but I won’t engage here further because this is of course a thread about the MOA Getaway. Whatever event you choose, I hope you have a great and safe trip up to Vermont.

As Secretary for the MOA, I don’t set getaway dates. This is done by the staff, events and director. I wouldn’t dare tell them to move an event simply because I’m a member and director for the Vermont club.

I agree. But as a member of the Board you are able to suggest and adopt POLICY. And it could be a policy to coordinate BMW MOA events so as to not conflict with chartered club events to the maximum extent feasible. Start by asking local clubs to identify their long-standing events and dates. Then use a calendar and a map to try to minimize conflicts.

Sure, there are only so many weekends. So a New England getaway could be the same weekend as the Kansas Rally or one in Oregon or New Mexico, but not a New England event unless there is a local event every weekend.

There will always be conflicts but it should be BMW MOA policy to avoid them if at all possible.

What information about the BMW Vermont Club are you looking to receive that isn’t on the website. I’ll make sure to add it. You’re talking to the person who can make this possible so please reply here, send me a direct message or an email. Adam@adamchandler.me. This is a new website for us so it’s still a work in progress.
I was posting about the Green Mountain Rally and the unavailability of specific information about it (such as types of accommodations, generally available facilities at the event site etc.) absent joining the Vermont club to gain access to that website. That's the information I was hoping would be made available to the general public/riders.

Hi Mike, This year, you’ll have to pick which one you attend and volunteer to help. I’m sorry about that. As President of the MOV, I don’t set the date of the green mountain rally. It’s always the 2nd week in September and has been for many years. As Secretary for the MOA, I don’t set getaway dates. This is done by the staff, events and director. I wouldn’t dare tell them to move an event simply because I’m a member and director for the Vermont club. They need to be able to execute on whatever weekend works best for them. I am gladly helping both events as well so both can equally be a success. I don’t see the success of one to equal the failure of another. There are plenty of people willing to come to Vermont during leaf peeping season.

The Green Mountain rally will remain the 2nd weekend of September unless the members ask us to move it.

The RA, MOA and hundreds of chartered clubs around the country have to pick from a very short list of dates. Vermont has rallies from June 1st through October 1st. There is an event every single weekend and usually 2 on the same weekend. We have MOV’s Lake Carmi the same weekend as the NEAR rally and MOA’s Getaway, MOV’s GMR and the Fundy Adventure Rally are taking place the same weekend and I have tickets to all 3 paid in full because I still support those clubs. It’s just a sad reality to riding events up here that there will be conflicts with dates. We all do our best.

To all others ,my email was shared above. Email me if you have questions but I won’t engage here further because this is of course a thread about the MOA Getaway. Whatever event you choose, I hope you have a great and safe trip up to Vermont.

The point is this should not be happing ,so close together and a club like MOV same time for years.

So as our rep. , and knowing the players at the MOA . We are asking you , to voice our displeasure on this .
I am sure that things can be worked out

I was posting about the Green Mountain Rally and the unavailability of specific information about it (such as types of accommodations, generally available facilities at the event site etc.) absent joining the Vermont club to gain access to that website. That's the information I was hoping would be made available to the general public/riders.

I’ll send you a private message. Thank you.

The point is this should not be happing ,so close together and a club like MOV same time for years.

So as our rep. , and knowing the players at the MOA . We are asking you , to voice our displeasure on this .
I am sure that things can be worked out

Yes sir I will and thank you.

I’ll send you a private message. Thank you.

PM responded to as follows:

Adam, just this information: "The only info I have on hand right this moment is cabin list, prices and ticket prices." would be a great help in advance decision making. With the above to consider while we are planning our riding season and event attendance the rest is not needed at the moment. The MOA Sugar Bush event accommodation rates are high enough that taking a trip to the Smokey Mtns would be a similar overall expense so that was tentatively on our list. However if the GMR accommodation costs are more reasonable than Sugar Bush GMR would be our choice.

Back