• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Sugar Bush, Warren, Vermont -- September 9-11, 2022

Going to register but ... Looking for hotel information

We attended last year and the riding was great as were the members in attendance. I went to the event page and called the telephone number posted there. It's a general Sugarbush resort number and the reservation prompts then ask you to choose which hotel you're looking to stay at. There are at least 3 to choose. Which of these is the event hotel? I want to get my room reservation in ASAP but can't until I know which hotel we're going to be at. Can someone please let us know? TIA.

I used the small map on the event listing and zoomed in. Seems to have a pin at the Sugarbush Inn at Sugarbush. Is that one of the choices?

We attended last year and the riding was great as were the members in attendance. I went to the event page and called the telephone number posted there. It's a general Sugarbush resort number and the reservation prompts then ask you to choose which hotel you're looking to stay at. There are at least 3 to choose. Which of these is the event hotel? I want to get my room reservation in ASAP but can't until I know which hotel we're going to be at. Can someone please let us know? TIA.

I know you probably read this but just in case:

Event registration and hotel rooms are reserved separately. The beautiful SUGARBUSH RESORT will be the host hotel for our event. Room blocks have been established for MOA members with a discounted rate of $139 per night with an additional daily resort fee of 10%. These rates will be available through August 19, 2022 and based on availability thereafter.

It is Sugarbush Inn and you tell them to look for the $139 MOA rate for those dates, they’ll take care of it. If you still are stuck and they aren’t being helpful, I’ll have our events person ring them up next week to work it out. You may be the first to reserve a room.

I just registered for Vermont. See you there!
OK, This getaway is on my short list of semi local trips this year, but I have to ask my silly questions…so anyone with the answers, feel free to chime in. First…Is it 3 nights at the hotel Sept. 9-11 or do we depart on the 11th, so really just 2 nights? That’s just for planning. Next, and more importantly, I see there will there be organized rides, but will they be published a bit in advance? Lastly, I’m thinking the event fee includes a first class T-shirt, but what else? Door prizes, maybe a meal at the end? I’m a MOA event newb, so be gentle…or not...lol. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
OK, This getaway is on my short list of semi local trips this year, but I have to ask my silly questions…so anyone with the answers, feel free to chime in. First…Is it 3 nights at the hotel Sept. 9-11 or do we depart on the 11th, so really just 2 nights? That’s just for planning. Next, and more importantly, I see there will there be organized rides, but will they be published a bit in advance? Lastly, I’m thinking the event fee includes a first class T-shirt, but what else? Door prizes, maybe a meal at the end? I’m a MOA event newb, so be gentle…or not...lol. Thanks guys.

The link in post 1 gives the details of the meals and door prizes.

Thanks Lee, upon further review, the link did answer most of my questions, the rest I’ll leave to fate. I’m just about ready to make my reservation, just need to work out a few details first.

Thanks Lee, upon further review, the link did answer most of my questions, the rest I’ll leave to fate. I’m just about ready to make my reservation, just need to work out a few details first.

I think the Getaways are usually two night events.
Friday and Saturday nights and leave on Sunday. I'm not 100% sure on this :)

I attended last years Sugarbush event and thought I should share this with everyone. I just today received a notification from the payments processing company "Inntopia" that operates the lodging reservation system for the Sugarbush Resort. They indicate "that on or about February 18, 2022, Inntopia discovered suspicious activity on its platform..... While the investigation is ongoing, we recently determined that between October 9, 2021 and February 18, 2022, an unknown actor gained access to payment card information within the platform....."
The letter indicates that they are contacting those people who they think may have been affected by the data breach. I thought the prudent course would be to let everyone know so they may inquire and take whatever action they may deem necessary.

There is never enough weekends. Plenty to choose from…….even if it rains.
OM

It’s unfortunate when an MOA event conflicts with a regional club’s big annual fundraiser. Seems like a bit of coordination could avoid hurt feelings and diminished local club coffers. It’s not like the dates of the Green Mountain Rally weren’t known a year ago

Pete

It’s unfortunate when an MOA event conflicts with a regional club’s big annual fundraiser. Seems like a bit of coordination could avoid hurt feelings and diminished local club coffers. It’s not like the dates of the Green Mountain Rally weren’t known a year ago

Pete

Everyone has to get together. I haven’t seen anything posted in the Northeast regionals about the MOV event. I went to the MOV website and it looks like one would have to join to see the bulk of site information.
Could it be that the MOV group does more via Facebook?
OM

Everyone has to get together. I haven’t seen anything posted in the Northeast regionals about the MOV event. I went to the MOV website and it looks like one would have to join to see the bulk of site information.
Could it be that the MOV group does more via Facebook?
OM

Also had the same experience. On the surface sounds like something we might want to attend but the complete dirth of information available outside the MOV site makes it impossible to give it consideration. Seems to be a members only event?

Also had the same experience. On the surface sounds like something we might want to attend but the complete dirth of information available outside the MOV site makes it impossible to give it consideration. Seems to be a members only event?

I don’t know. Keeping information closed off is ok as long as it’s intentional. Sometimes “clubs” forget to mention all the goings on as the organizers are so used to seeing the the event it’s tough to relay to new participants some of the usual/common/event traditional highlights.

A quick look at the “similar thread” pane at the bottom of the page shows the date history of the MOA events.
OM

This is off topic but… https://bmwmov.club/green-mountain-rally/ This page has been as-is for 9 months and open to anyone. Tickets go on sale in July.

The truth is, as sour as some people may think we are, our rally sells out every year a few days before the event so as an MOA board member and president of the MOV, I do believe the two events can coexist.

This is off topic but… https://bmwmov.club/green-mountain-rally/ This page has been as-is for 9 months and open to anyone. Tickets go on sale in July.

The truth is, as sour as some people may think we are, our rally sells out every year a few days before the event so as an MOA board member and president of the MOV, I do believe the two events can coexist.
Isn't that wonderful for you. However, the point of my post was that it's impossible to get more than cursory information unless one joins the MOV and how can I determine if I want to join until I can get more information. Creates a bit of a conundrum, no?

Back