Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MOA Getaway - Sugar Bush, Warren, Vermont -- September 9-11, 2022

MOA Getaway - Sugar Bush, Warren, Vermont -- September 9-11, 2022

This event is posted for northern Vermont at the Sugarbush Resort in Warren, VT. Details are here:

https://www.bmwmoa.org/events/EventD...1583990&group=
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I just registered for Vermont. See you there!
    Social Media, Newsletter, YouTube | BMWMOA Lifetime Member | MOA Board Secretary | MOA Regional Coordinator | Vermont BMW Club Vice President

Going to register but ... Looking for hotel information

We attended last year and the riding was great as were the members in attendance. I went to the event page and called the telephone number posted there. It's a general Sugarbush resort number and the reservation prompts then ask you to choose which hotel you're looking to stay at. There are at least 3 to choose. Which of these is the event hotel? I want to get my room reservation in ASAP but can't until I know which hotel we're going to be at. Can someone please let us know? TIA.

I used the small map on the event listing and zoomed in. Seems to have a pin at the Sugarbush Inn at Sugarbush. Is that one of the choices?
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Yes it is but would be nice to have direct confirmation rather than making an assumption is all.

Quote Originally Posted by motorhead1977 View Post
    We attended last year and the riding was great as were the members in attendance. I went to the event page and called the telephone number posted there. It's a general Sugarbush resort number and the reservation prompts then ask you to choose which hotel you're looking to stay at. There are at least 3 to choose. Which of these is the event hotel? I want to get my room reservation in ASAP but can't until I know which hotel we're going to be at. Can someone please let us know? TIA.
    I know you probably read this but just in case:

Event registration and hotel rooms are reserved separately. The beautiful SUGARBUSH RESORT will be the host hotel for our event. Room blocks have been established for MOA members with a discounted rate of $139 per night with an additional daily resort fee of 10%. These rates will be available through August 19, 2022 and based on availability thereafter.

It is Sugarbush Inn and you tell them to look for the $139 MOA rate for those dates, they’ll take care of it. If you still are stuck and they aren’t being helpful, I’ll have our events person ring them up next week to work it out. You may be the first to reserve a room.
    Social Media, Newsletter, YouTube | BMWMOA Lifetime Member | MOA Board Secretary | MOA Regional Coordinator | Vermont BMW Club Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by adamchandler View Post
    I just registered for Vermont. See you there!
    OK, This getaway is on my short list of semi local trips this year, but I have to ask my silly questions…so anyone with the answers, feel free to chime in. First…Is it 3 nights at the hotel Sept. 9-11 or do we depart on the 11th, so really just 2 nights? That’s just for planning. Next, and more importantly, I see there will there be organized rides, but will they be published a bit in advance? Lastly, I’m thinking the event fee includes a first class T-shirt, but what else? Door prizes, maybe a meal at the end? I’m a MOA event newb, so be gentle…or not...lol. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by torque2u; 04-05-2022 at 07:22 PM. Reason: New info found

Quote Originally Posted by torque2u View Post
    OK, This getaway is on my short list of semi local trips this year, but I have to ask my silly questions…so anyone with the answers, feel free to chime in. First…Is it 3 nights at the hotel Sept. 9-11 or do we depart on the 11th, so really just 2 nights? That’s just for planning. Next, and more importantly, I see there will there be organized rides, but will they be published a bit in advance? Lastly, I’m thinking the event fee includes a first class T-shirt, but what else? Door prizes, maybe a meal at the end? I’m a MOA event newb, so be gentle…or not...lol. Thanks guys.
    The link in post 1 gives the details of the meals and door prizes.
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Thanks Lee, upon further review, the link did answer most of my questions, the rest I’ll leave to fate. I’m just about ready to make my reservation, just need to work out a few details first.

Quote Originally Posted by torque2u View Post
    Thanks Lee, upon further review, the link did answer most of my questions, the rest I’ll leave to fate. I’m just about ready to make my reservation, just need to work out a few details first.
    I think the Getaways are usually two night events.
    Friday and Saturday nights and leave on Sunday. I'm not 100% sure on this
    Lee
    2022 R1250RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2016 R1200RS, 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I attended last years Sugarbush event and thought I should share this with everyone. I just today received a notification from the payments processing company "Inntopia" that operates the lodging reservation system for the Sugarbush Resort. They indicate "that on or about February 18, 2022, Inntopia discovered suspicious activity on its platform..... While the investigation is ongoing, we recently determined that between October 9, 2021 and February 18, 2022, an unknown actor gained access to payment card information within the platform....."
    The letter indicates that they are contacting those people who they think may have been affected by the data breach. I thought the prudent course would be to let everyone know so they may inquire and take whatever action they may deem necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    This event is posted for northern Vermont at the Sugarbush Resort in Warren, VT. Details are here:

https://www.bmwmoa.org/events/EventD...1583990&group=
    This looks to be the same weekend as the MOV Rally . Why ?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mosrrt View Post
    This looks to be the same weekend as the MOV Rally . Why ?
    Mike
    For the same reason that there are Getaways just before and just after the Georgia Mountain Rally…

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    There is never enough weekends. Plenty to choose from…….even if it rains.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    There is never enough weekends. Plenty to choose from…….even if it rains.
    OM
    It’s unfortunate when an MOA event conflicts with a regional club’s big annual fundraiser. Seems like a bit of coordination could avoid hurt feelings and diminished local club coffers. It’s not like the dates of the Green Mountain Rally weren’t known a year ago

Pete
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet

http://travelswithbarley.com/