• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Johnson City, Tn. Lodging suggestions

gsjay

can anyone make a recommendation for a motorcycle friendly motel to use as a base of operation for a couple days of riding?

Outdoor Pool and food within walking distance would be great.
tks,
jason

Hi Jay - I tried to call you on the phone the other day, and I guess you’ve changed your number.

Johnson City is kind of a busy place. Jonesboro, TN and Gray, TN are two nicer/smaller communities… so is Elizabethton (which is closer to the mountain riding). Since this area is so close to me, I never stay there!

Check out Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jonesborough-Johnson City West, TN… they have an indoor pool.

The 2009 rally was in Gray.

A fantastic BBQ place just north of Gray is Phil’s Dream Pit… don’t miss it!

Ian

We've stayed several times up in Kingsport, TN just north of Johnson City, TN at the MeadowView Conference Resort, always had good accommodations and food. We ride up there in the Mountains around and South of Johnson City frequently, seems any road off I-26 is a joy to ride. Ran into a group 3 years ago that ride across the US every year on non-paved roads, they were a nice group of guys.

The Holiday Inn Express off of I26 exit 17 in north Johnson City is a good location with several restaurants within walking distance.

Back