• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Daytona 2022

slash5er

I have some personal reasons to go to Florida in early 2022 and figured maybe I'd swing by Bike Week to see...well, I guess just to see.
Have not been to that carnival before...and left Sturgis after 1 day!
I seem to remember that there was a particular campground Beemer riders staked out but have not been able to come up with any recent info.
Can someone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks.
JohnD

There used to be a small gathering of BMW riders at a Bunnel campground, I think it was called Holiday Rambler or something like that. Camping was in the overflow area next to the highway. I have not been there for several years so this info might be outdated.

Try a google "site" search with the word Daytona and see what you can find on related discussions. Seems to be a few recent threads about the event.

I have some personal reasons to go to Florida in early 2022 and figured maybe I'd swing by Bike Week to see...well, I guess just to see.
Have not been to that carnival before...and left Sturgis after 1 day!
I seem to remember that there was a particular campground Beemer riders staked out but have not been able to come up with any recent info.
Can someone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks.
JohnD

John - in earlier days, the Spacecoasters put on an event at the Bulow Plantation. It was historic, (a total blast, actually) but today the Bulow Plantation is a subdivision.

Then, Gator and a bunch of other Airheads in a group called B3 (it stood for Bikeweek, Beemers and something else that started with a B3 (or B-cubed), at the Holiday RV Park... but that hasn't happened in a while. Here is a relevant Forum thread.

You know, with the R18 being a thing and all that, maybe the national clubs could support some of local clubs (like the, ahem, Spacecoasters) to do something for BMW riders again. To me, this is a new-member-making opportunity just waiting to happen.

In the image is my G/SPD+ and one of my best friends, the Kiltmeister (may he RIP) Don Faichney. Also in the pic is George (help me out here, people!) Xxxxxx, a past President of the MOA.

P0000855-X2.jpg

And, here are the Spacecoasters... how about we show them some love?

Screen%20Shot%202021-11-30%20at%205.55.50%20PM-XL.png

I just checked and we last camped at Bunnel Holiday RV in 2015.
There were a few familiar faces from the rally rat crowd and plenty of space between camping groups. Yeah, it wasn’t Bulow but then probably nothing ever will be again. Much has changed since then.

As for the R18’s, i suspect most R18 riders are of the cruiser crowd persuasion and not so much like the old frugal BMW camping nomads. Nothing wrong with that but again, much has changed since the old Bulow days ...

As for the R18’s, i suspect most R18 riders are of the cruiser crowd persuasion and not so much like the old frugal BMW camping nomads. Nothing wrong with that but again, much has changed since the old Bulow days ...

Agreed, if the MOA were to "do something" in conjunction with a local club and dealer, I could see an evening get-together instead of a campout. A few riding "experiences" could also be cool. I am pretty sure I've ridden every road in that area!

In 2002, BMW Motorrad NA's marketing guy at the time, Laurence Kuydendahl (who totally understood community-driven marketing) did a great ride for ADV-types in the Ocala National Forest. Read about the "Earthquake in Ocala, where us puppies met the big dogs.

P0000803-XL.jpg

After that, he held a party for everyone else and it was very well-attended. Sorry for the crappy pics, but here are a few. Man, would I ever like to see the MOA do something like this with some of that raffle money! :nod

P0000949-XL.jpg

P0000952-XL.jpg

P0000953-XL.jpg

P0000954-XL.jpg

Back