Thread: Daytona 2022

Daytona 2022

I have some personal reasons to go to Florida in early 2022 and figured maybe I'd swing by Bike Week to see...well, I guess just to see.
    Have not been to that carnival before...and left Sturgis after 1 day!
    I seem to remember that there was a particular campground Beemer riders staked out but have not been able to come up with any recent info.
    Can someone steer me in the right direction?
    Thanks.
    JohnD
    Old 'n' slo...but still here

There used to be a small gathering of BMW riders at a Bunnel campground, I think it was called Holiday Rambler or something like that. Camping was in the overflow area next to the highway. I have not been there for several years so this info might be outdated.
    -Live as fully as you can as long as you can-

Try a google "site" search with the word Daytona and see what you can find on related discussions. Seems to be a few recent threads about the event.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by slash5er View Post
    I have some personal reasons to go to Florida in early 2022 and figured maybe I'd swing by Bike Week to see...well, I guess just to see.
    Have not been to that carnival before...and left Sturgis after 1 day!
    I seem to remember that there was a particular campground Beemer riders staked out but have not been able to come up with any recent info.
    Can someone steer me in the right direction?
    Thanks.
    JohnD
    John - in earlier days, the Spacecoasters put on an event at the Bulow Plantation. It was historic, (a total blast, actually) but today the Bulow Plantation is a subdivision.

Then, Gator and a bunch of other Airheads in a group called B3 (it stood for Bikeweek, Beemers and something else that started with a B3 (or B-cubed), at the Holiday RV Park... but that hasn't happened in a while. Here is a relevant Forum thread.

You know, with the R18 being a thing and all that, maybe the national clubs could support some of local clubs (like the, ahem, Spacecoasters) to do something for BMW riders again. To me, this is a new-member-making opportunity just waiting to happen.

In the image is my G/SPD+ and one of my best friends, the Kiltmeister (may he RIP) Don Faichney. Also in the pic is George (help me out here, people!) Xxxxxx, a past President of the MOA.

And, here are the Spacecoasters... how about we show them some love?

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '07 G650 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom || '19 CB500X

I just checked and we last camped at Bunnel Holiday RV in 2015.
    There were a few familiar faces from the rally rat crowd and plenty of space between camping groups. Yeah, it wasn’t Bulow but then probably nothing ever will be again. Much has changed since then.

As for the R18’s, i suspect most R18 riders are of the cruiser crowd persuasion and not so much like the old frugal BMW camping nomads. Nothing wrong with that but again, much has changed since the old Bulow days ...
    -Live as fully as you can as long as you can-

Quote Originally Posted by OldCamper View Post
    As for the R18’s, i suspect most R18 riders are of the cruiser crowd persuasion and not so much like the old frugal BMW camping nomads. Nothing wrong with that but again, much has changed since the old Bulow days ...
    Agreed, if the MOA were to "do something" in conjunction with a local club and dealer, I could see an evening get-together instead of a campout. A few riding "experiences" could also be cool. I am pretty sure I've ridden every road in that area!

In 2002, BMW Motorrad NA's marketing guy at the time, Laurence Kuydendahl (who totally understood community-driven marketing) did a great ride for ADV-types in the Ocala National Forest. Read about the "Earthquake in Ocala, where us puppies met the big dogs.

After that, he held a party for everyone else and it was very well-attended. Sorry for the crappy pics, but here are a few. Man, would I ever like to see the MOA do something like this with some of that raffle money!