• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beemer shop Right fork Tractive upgrade

gearthrower

Hello all,

I am currently attempting to install the tractive right fork upgraded and have kinda hit a wall. Install was straightforward but I have run into an issue with the new top cap for setting dampening. It is unadjustable, am I missing something is the adjustment not available on this upgrade? I have read through on all the literature provided and can’t find anything on the interwebs that show the install and adjustment. Any one on the forum have any experience with this product? Thank you in advance, and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I have the same kit waiting to install.

The dampening is adjusted using the 4mm allen key hex tool in the very center of the cap. The preload is adjusted with the 22mm outer hex. The little orange ring that looks like it should adjust something does not.

I upgraded the front on my 19' 850 GSA with tractive from Beemershop and I could not be happier. MASSIVE upgrade and its changed the bike, I can not recommend this upgrade highly enough. Its literally night and day. It's not cheap but holy hell is it amazing. After doing this upgrade it was so darn good I upgraded the suspension on my 1250RT and my 1250R as well. DO IT!

Installation video: Touratech Fork Cartridge Conversion - BMW 850GS & GSA

YouTube Video:

@https://touratech-usa.com/store/Toura...

Converting your F850GS's front end with a high-performance, closed cartridge fork kit from Touratech Suspension will wake up the front of your BMW and make a huge change in handling, stability, and performance in any of the on and off road conditions you find yourself riding.

Not just a change in spring rate, or a simple re-valve, this cartridge conversion completely transforms the front-end of your F850GS with all new damping characteristics that can't be achieved with the stock F850GS or GSA forks.

The F850GS and GSA use a single fork leg to control both the compression and rebound damping, this reduces the weight of the forks to improve steering responsiveness both on and off pavement. The Touratech single sided cartridge kit replaces the stock internals with much more capable components to drastically improve the wheel control without adding unnecessary weight to the fork. Additional benefits of this design are a significant reduction in installation time and complexity as only a single fork leg needs to be removed from the motorcycle.

Gone are the days of non-adjustable stock front suspension. The Touratech kit is completely tunable with rebound, compression, and preload adjustments made from the top of the fork caps. No matter where your adventure takes you, you can be assured that our cartridge system is designed to go the distance and tackle any terrain you throw at it.

VIDEO TRANSCRIPT available at the touratech-usa blog

Back