• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

To all

Thank you everyone and happy Thanksgiving to all of our MOA members, family, friends, riding buddies and loved ones. 20 degrees here in NH this morning...riding season is almost over. I'm going to get surgery on my shoulder soon so I'm not too upset given that it's winter time anyway. I hope you all have a great holiday season.

PS: my bird is going in the oven now! 27.5 pounds. 24 hours @ 165 basting it every hour then 400F for 2 hours tomorrow to finish it off. About to put the dry rub on it. it's been in a salt brine with fruits and spices for 3 days:
PmLSmtI.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope you have a few folks to help you eat that Adam! Canadian Thanksgiving is long gone but we just had 20 lbs of fresh and 10 lbs of salt cod dropped off yesterday. Considering the fresh was caught the day before I think it's plenty fresh enough and good to last us the winter. That with a fresh lamb a couple of weeks ago and a quarter of beef being picked up tomorrow I think we're pretty much set for the winter. And with all of our fresh grown food to go with I can safely assume I will be eating well for awhile. So yes I'm with you all in wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving while I give thanks to the bounty I am able to enjoy.

Thhanksgiving to all the guys and gals who went out on duty to pull their shift of duty. Our Valiant Vice Pesident of these United States advised that a 20 lb bird was enough to fee any family and that there are plenty of those going round for all Americans. I am sure that she KNOWS the sacrifices of all those men and women now and in the past that have paid their share of duty time. For me, I am thankful....God Bless THESE UNITED STATES..........Denns

20 degrees here in NH this morning...riding season is almost over. I'm going to get surgery on my shoulder soon so I'm not too upset given that it's winter time anyway. I hope you all have a great holiday season.

Ditto, same temp and shoulder surgery coming up on the 8th of December. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! Easy on the turkey...

So Ditto, all y'all! Happy Thanksgiving fer sure. Enjoy a down-day with your friends & family... :kbasa

We're certainly thankful to have landed in Rocket City USA, just ~2 years before covid landed in the US. We were quite happy visiting the HSV Senior Center and taking beginners' Line Dancing lessons (even bought new Cowboy Boots). Now, we've gotten into Pickleball as often as possible since February (4 or 5 days a week). We're improving week after week. Thus, we're thankful to the many Pickleballers we've encountered in the past 10 months {including Dr Jimmy, a 92 year old neighbor who was on the City Council when they funded the gymnasium where we often play. No he no longer drives; but he plays a mean Pickleball}. We're having a blast, and it's great for your reflexes & stamina... :thumb So be thankful for any & all blessings that can be associated with your neighborhood...

We're signed up already for the International MOA Rally in Springfield MO [did that just after leaving Great Falls for those who attended]. Hope you're planning a ride to SW MO next June! I think regular registration starts next week - on 1 December....
:groovy Be there or be square!

Happy Trails whenever U can ride; be safe & be seen. Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil

USN-Ret'd -&- USAF-Ret'd
'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Our latest acquisition to hop around Huntsville...
K-Vespa.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

A special shout out to those really trying to keep us all safe.

OM

Not the most important thing to be thankful for but......where else but here, would anyone care if I shared: I'm thankful that I can't think of a motorcycle, new of used, that would fit my needs better than the ride I already own. It's a 2004 R1150R, with accessories and modifications.

Yes Happy Thanksgiving! And if any of you are like us, with the offspring families traveling here and there in December, today is actually THANKSMAS! So Thanksgiving and Christmas all rolled into one. Something different to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving! Minimalist Thanksgiving this year. No turkey or big family gathering. Took some shrimp, champagne, Annie's special stuffing and some chips and dip to my 101 year old Aunt's place. We all gorged on that. Were joined by my daughter and grandkids; son in law was on shift at the fire department. I brought my grandson back to the shop and we watched some cartoons and then he practiced with his homemade bow and arrow. Mellow time.

Yes Happy Thanksgiving! And if any of you are like us, with the offspring families traveling here and there in December, today is actually THANKSMAS! So Thanksgiving and Christmas all rolled into one. Something different to be thankful for.

So we had our THANKSMAS (early Christmas) gift exchange this morning. The wife gave me a flag to remind me of my distant past...

Attachments

• IMG_7788.jpg
    IMG_7788.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 110
A couple days ago - Thanksgiving ride - Lot's to be thankful for.
00_11_25_2021_thanksgiving_ride_scren.png
"I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.” Henry David Thoreau
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all!

Happy Thanksgiving

026722CD-C839-47DB-AB03-AACF5515CE8F.jpeg

I hope everyone’s Thanksgiving was blessed with peace and plenty. I got to go for a Friday ride with my Combat co-pilot, Jess Smith, on Friday down to DeFuniak Springs, it was glorious weather, and good food at Bogey’s Restaurant… no shopping crowds. I am thankful for the many motorcycle friends I have in my life, and for the joy of riding.

Back