• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Link to RIDER Magazine Tire Repair Article

Does Rider still put out a print edition? I had a subscription, but when COVID hit, they (and several other magazines) stopped publishing. I never received anything after that.

Does Rider still put out a print edition? I had a subscription, but when COVID hit, they (and several other magazines) stopped publishing. I never received anything after that.

It seems that you can still get a print copy of the magazine for $50/year. See: https://simplecirc.com/subscribe/rider-magazine

If they stopped sending print to you, and you still had issues to go, then you might want to ask them to make you whole, so to speak...

KINDA THREAD DRIFT LIGHT ON
As has been stated many times on this forum

I think it is important to carry and practice with a electric pump and some sort of tire plugger.
Your choice on the plug kit; I carry 2 now.
When you are getting ready to change a tire get your screw gun and drive a screw into your tire, then fix it, at home in the comfort of your house.
I think the Key is to ream out the hole big enough to get the plugs in there.
Then run your pump and make sure it works and dosen't over heat and shut off. If you have a small or going out the door battery you may have to run the engine while using your electric pump, you don't want to kill your battery and create another problem.
Keep in mind it may take a couple of trys to get it leak free.
In 2019 while on the road I fixed 2 flats for people stranded, great way to make new friends!
Being stranded over a flat sucks; be prepared!
Nick
1978 R/80

Back