• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 K1600GTL exclusive issues?

brownie0486

Looking at the above bike in a week when the dealer gets it into his place. He wants 16K for it, it's got 2K miles on the odo.

Issues with this year model?

If I take it, I'd have my mechanic change all fluids, new tires. Anything else that should be serviced if I buy this bike?

TIA

Not certain, BUT, my bike and many 16's are awaiting production of dastardly fuel pump replacements. Mine is a '14 GT.

Nevertheless, Just Go 4 It, as Nike used to say! Think it'll all work out on your way to Springfield, MO.

Happy Trails wherever your particular trails lead - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil

USN-Ret'd -&- USAF-Ret'd

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

With only 2K on the odometer, what potential issues should I be looking for as it's obviously sat for a long time not being ridden.

Waterpump?
Gas lines?
Injectors?

I don't know that a bike that's sat this long is worth the potential troubles from just sitting around.

Suggestions appreciated

That's a great year, has almost all the goodies without any de-tune of the engine.
A bike that has sat more than ran needs a few things, ensure brakes have been flushed, tires replaced, battery replaced and oil/filter changed. Other than that, ride the heck out of it, should serve you well for many thousands of miles

That's a great year, has almost all the goodies without any de-tune of the engine.
A bike that has sat more than ran needs a few things, ensure brakes have been flushed, tires replaced, battery replaced and oil/filter changed. Other than that, ride the heck out of it, should serve you well for many thousands of miles

I'm a little concerned about the injectors being clogged, fuel pump [ been told when this model sits too long, things go wrong with fuel pumps ].

All that you listed would be done immediately, of course.

Thanks

Injectors aren't a high, or even low failure item on these bikes, I wouldn't be concerned one bit. Fuel pump could be an issue but there's none available so you'll have to wing it. Fuel pumps aren't known to be an issue from sitting anyway.
Good luck and have a blast with it.

With only 2K on the odometer, what potential issues should I be looking for as it's obviously sat for a long time not being ridden.

Waterpump?
Gas lines?
Injectors?

I don't know that a bike that's sat this long is worth the potential troubles from just sitting around.

Suggestions appreciated

Brownie.... check your mail.

I have had 2 K1600’s . Never heard of the injector problems. Put some injector cleaner in the tank if your worried. Service what you have listed and ride. Tires ? I would put a few more miles them and then replace them...your call. The 2016 year should be pretty trouble free. Go over to the K1600 forum website for a lot more information on the bike.

I bought a 2016 K1600GTL Exclusive with 8700 miles on it from a BMW dealer. The dealer was TERRIBLE with customer deduce. In Scottsdale, I went to my local Motorrad dealership and bought a 3 year zero deductible extended warranty and a 3 year service contract.
I upgraded from a 2005 K1200LT.
I don't regret buying the bike at all!

It cost me a wife, 3 kids, and a house. I love my bike. Looking for a GS Adventure as a 2nd.
It is definitely cheaper than the wife and kids.😎

Back