• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Big Mac tank bag

jimbem

i have been using my Big Mac tank bag since 2004 on multiple BMW's. I love it but after being used that long and for probably 400,000 miles it is in bad shape and needs to be replaced. I don,t know why that company went out of business . I have placed an WTB ad in the market place and haven,t had any replies. Does anyone have one in half way good shape they,d be willing to sell? Or know of a rider who has one they don't use ? Any help is greatly appreciated

I’ve been using one myself on my K12RS. Always thought it was a great design. It’s too bad he stopped making them. No idea why, and can’t believe that someone else didn’t continue with that style of tank bags. No need to remove the bag for fill ups, just tilt it forward and your good to go. Don’t know what I’ll get when mine fianaly wears outs.
Val
03 K12RS

I was in the same boat. I looked for two years and finally changed to SW-Moto.
I have to take the bag off to fuel but its easy and I got used to it

I don,t know why that company went out of business.

The reason the company disappeared is the owner/creator had medical issues and I think he was a onestop shop doing it all out of his house by himself. So there was nobody else to take over. He eventually passed away in 2017. I had ridden with him a few times and he was a good dude. Link to his obituary here. https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/statesmanjournal/name/mark-kackley-obituary?id=15414692

I've been milking my BigMak bag for 15 years and 3 bikes now. Best bag suited to my riding and I'll be sad when I can't keep using it. On my last bike and current bike I've had to modify the bag to keep using it since I obviously couldn't buy another filler cap ring to fit the replacement bikes. I ended up using SW-Motech ring adaptor for their bags and just drilled it into the bottom of my BigMak bag. I loose the easy flip up for gas ups, but its still quick to detach and reattach.

Back