• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nav 6 question

I have a 2017 R1200 RT I am thinking of adding a nav 6 to. When installed on the bike does central locking keep it secured when the bike is parked or is it best to remove it and take the unit with you? Thanks in advance.

I have a 2017 R1200 RT I am thinking of adding a nav 6 to. When installed on the bike does central locking keep it secured when the bike is parked or is it best to remove it and take the unit with you? Thanks in advance.

No, central locking won't lock the Nav, the bike doesn't have locking ability's. There is an after market lock that does work with central locking https://www.oldtimers.si/en/navi-central-lock-ready-for-bmw-r1200rt-lc-2014.html Wunderlich sells the same.

As mentioned, the central locks don’t lock the release for the Nav unit. The release mechanism is not obvious, though, so unless I’m leaving it overnight, I generally don’t give it much thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I have not heard of anyone ever having their GPS stolen from their RT. I am sure it happens but I have not heard of any instances. The fix noted above looks like a lot of effort for a somewhat low risk issue and if I were that worried when I parked it is so simple to just pop the GPS off and stick it on a top box or side case and lock it.

I've never had an issue but I've always taken it off if I had the slightest apprehension.
Removing the gps and putting it in a pocket takes seconds. I've been doing that with all my bike and gps.

I also haven't heard of anyone having his gps stolen from an RT.

I've never had an issue but I've always taken it off if I had the slightest apprehension.
Removing the gps and putting it in a pocket takes seconds. I've been doing that with all my bike and gps.

I also haven't heard of anyone having his gps stolen from an RT.

:thumb:thumb

Back