Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: '91 K75RT where to hook my battery tender to ?

3 Red Bricks
    That is a 7.5 amp fuse.

The cover is called a mudguard. 51 16 1 459 119 $5.79 Available through your dealer. You really should replace it.

If you removed the plug to the fuel control unit, you should double check that it is securely repluged in. You should hold the rear of the control unit while pushing the plug in until you hear the distinct click of the retaining clip. A loose plug can cause all kinds of problems even months later.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    That is a 7.5 amp fuse.

The cover is called a mudguard. 51 16 1 459 119 $5.79 Available through your dealer. You really should replace it.

If you removed the plug to the fuel control unit, you should double check that it is securely repluged in. You should hold the rear of the control unit while pushing the plug in until you hear the distinct click of the retaining clip. A loose plug can cause all kinds of problems even months later.

Thanks 98lee, my fuel control seems to be plugged in all the way now.. Thanks for the part no. for the mudguard.
    BTW now that I discovered the auxillery electric port ,where do I get the male connector . My cars have the kind that cigarette lighters would fit into .. The fuse in my newly installed battery tender cables says 75 ,If I hooked a compressor to that wouldnt it burn the wire ?

Here is a source for a male Hella Din plug good old Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Eriding-Motor...6169994&sr=8-4
    1994 R1100RS-(5/93)-,1974 R90/6 built 9/73,--1987 K75S,--1964 Triumph T100--1986 Honda XL600R

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcaret View Post
    The fuse in my newly installed battery tender cables says 75
    Get out the old magnifying glass. The fuse should be brown and say 7.5 amps. I don't think they even make a 75 amp fuse in that size. The largest commonly available atc regular fuse is 40 amps.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Thanks 98Lee

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Get out the old magnifying glass. The fuse should be brown and say 7.5 amps. I don't think they even make a 75 amp fuse in that size. The largest commonly available atc regular fuse is 40 amps.

Once again your advise is all I need . Thanks for the Amazon Web site . I just ordered one. But here in Canada .. we have Amazon.ca not Amazon.com so we get ripped off. Well Amazon.ca wants $21.95 I think Amazon .com wanted $6.95 . Well fU.@#%$^.em! I ordered one from Allie Express for $1.95 .

That it comes from China in a month or so is just fine with me . It's close to winter time here so if it takes 4 months to arrive I don't care .

Thanks for informing me that my fuse on my new battery tender is 7.5 ,not 75 .Lol.

I'm an old Harley guy, but loving my new purchase of my 1991 K75 RT . I was out again today for a 120 kilometer cruise .

Today the temperature was around +12C ,I think ,that's about +55F . bit for the next few weeks the forecast looks much colder .
    Thanks again.. !

power socket

[QUOTE=98lee;1264643]I believe that the RTs also came with a second power outlet on the dash or panel under the windscreen.

Thanks , I looked all over but my 1991 K75RT doesn't appear to have the dash connector ..which is fine with me . I have now got the leads wired into the battery with a connector at the other end ,and the BMW factory socket . More than enough !