• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

new member from Massachusetts.

Paul911

Hello

After not having a bike for 15 years, I got a Triumph Tiger 1200 in mid 2020. I initially wanted a R1200RS but couldn't find one and decided it was too much money. The Triumph came up as a great deal used (150 miles, $11k) and I bought it, but quickly realized it was a mistake. I then test rode an R1250RS and it was all over. I got one in December of 2020 and I've put over 4000 miles on it since. Way back I had a Honda VF700F, VFR750 and Kawasaki GPz550. I also own a 1986 Porsche 911 which has gotten less miles than usual this year.

ggWUiUS.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious, what didn't you like about the Triumph? I've never ridden one but I always liked the looks of them.

Your RS looks sweet.

Welcome from another newb…and really nice bike. I had an ‘01 Speed Triple for a solid decade, so nothing but respect for Triumph, though the Tigers were generally too tall for me. Best of luck!

Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious, what didn't you like about the Triumph? I've never ridden one but I always liked the looks of them.

Your RS looks sweet.

Thanks everyone!

It was a 2018 1200 XCx and, especially at slow speeds, the high CoG really bothered me. I also didn't like the clutch at all and found it easy to stall. The two together weren't a good combo. Other problems were that it threw a lot of heat on the rider. It also didn't have a center stand and nobody made a paddock stand that worked on it, so maintenance would have been tough and it didn't help winter storage either. Finally, after market support for things like lighting, etc wasn't good. I lost a few hundred dollars trading it in so no real loss.

I still like Triumph a lot as a manufacturer and I'd love to have a Speed Twin as a 2nd bike, but the Tiger just wasn't right for me.

Welcome Paul from down south in the Tenn River Valley!

Live & Learn, eh? It's what everyone does (except for Gary Larson's not-so-bright, burned-out losers}. But you're a Happy Camper now, so there ya go! Jimmy, in O'Fallon, MO, felt the need for a New Black 1250RS, so Mrs-HSV got his used blue-white RS at the end of March. She's about to get her second set of tires (they're here on-hand awaiting my exertion), so I think she's quite pleased with her Bigger, Newer, Sporty Mile-Eating Beemer...

Glad you've found a bike that inspires U to leave the 911 at home! Forecast your vacation for mid-June so you can come mingle at the Springfield, MO National Rally! :nod The Club will be celebrating its Golden Anniversary, so there might be some eXceptional Door Prizes to be had - I predict... https://rally.bmwmoa.org/faq/

Happy Trails - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

You should find the Yankee Beemers. They're local and run a breakfast every month. They're pretty active and engaging.

And welcome aboard from the west coast.

Back