• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is there a difference in front rotors from a hexhead vs camhead?

natrab

Just curious, as I'm considering swapping wheels from my '07 R1200S to my '13 R1200RT. In the fiche, they have different part numbers and the rotor for the latter is called "offset." However, on inspection, they appear to be identical and nothing seems offset when looking at it.

I know I can just try it, but I'm curious if I might be doing any harm putting my R1200S wheels on my RT.

The part numbers are 34 11 7 713 156 and 34 11 7 711 428 respectively.

Thanks!

I have swapped some 05 K12S front rim to a 13GT and the ABS ring had different sized openings I had to swap to work. Seem to recall a semi float rotor change somewhere in there but clearances were same

The ABS rings are the same between my two bikes, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll try the swap next weekend and report back.

Back