• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 r1250rs

bobobx

Close to buying one and watched the videos. I really like it but curious about true experience riding all day. I had a RT. I'm 5'11" and older. Is it comfy enough?

Welcome to the forum.
Both my wife and I have a 2016 R1200RS and find it comfortable for long days.
I'm 6' and my wife is 5' 10" Both of us are 65.

In the next week we'll pick up a couple 2022 R1250RSs from Engle Motors in Kansas City.
We bought this color
2022 R1250RS Light White (1).jpg

If you or the dealer did not order one in August you may have to do without ESA. The suspension factory in Germany was damaged in a flood and starting the end of August or the first of September the R1250RS and R1250R were shipped without ESA.
Our bikes were built Aug 24 and 25th with ESA.

I should add that most of our bikes have been S or RS models so we are used to that type of bike.

I love mine. I’m 6’3”, 195#, 48 yo. I put risers on it and a taller screen. I’d like a seat that’s a tad taller, wider, and firmer. I feel a tad crowded in the lower half. But I still love the bike.

I love mine. I’m 6’3”, 195#, 48 yo. I put risers on it and a taller screen. I’d like a seat that’s a tad taller, wider, and firmer. I feel a tad crowded in the lower half. But I still love the bike.

We ordered ours with the Sport Seat. It's the tallest option and firmer than the seat we had on the 2016s.
Wunderlich makes a seat about the same height as the Sport Seat and it looks wider.

Close to buying one and watched the videos. I really like it but curious about true experience riding all day. I had a RT. I'm 5'11" and older. Is it comfy enough?

Welcome to the forum!

I will move this over to the Wethead section in a while......Hope to see you back on.

Gary

I bought a '21 RS in July. I'm 61 years old, 6'4", 35" inseam, and installed HeilBar risers and Suburban Machinery dropped pegs and find the bike very well suited to all day riding. The bar position is very nearly upright. I have yet to take any really long trips (400+ mile days) but somehow have put 3300 miles on the bike so far. I generally leave the windshield in the low position as it is very hot where I live (over 110 all summer) and that position puts clean air just below my helmet.

When I bought the bike I had been shopping for a GS but the RS is so much better looking and priced considerably less than a base GS. I also wanted to eliminate my temptations to go gravel road exploring around here. I ride alone and the gravel roads often turn into patches of sand. Dumping a bike at my age is not a great idea and I have a Jeep that is perfect for that kind of exploring.

In closing, the RS I have is the nicest riding bike I have owned. The power delivery of the 1250 is something is smooth and extremely quick. I find the bike to run from 75 to 105 in a blink. I'm just glad it has cruise control to help me keep it within non-ticket getting speeds.

I-8.jpeg

Valley.jpeg

Back