• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW R1250GS Limp Mode

bart531

Hi guys and girls. I’m sure that quite a few of you have had your bikes go into limp mode. The confusing thing for me is that after my bike went into limp mode but. thing came back to life withing a couple of hundred metres.
I took it for it’s service the next week and it did not show any ERROR with what had happened when plugged in.
Has anyone had this happen and did it throw up an Error code with your workshop? It has only happed once in 500klms. My bikes doe 16,400klms so far with not other worries. (10,190 miles)
On a side note the dealer lent me a F900R to use while my bike was in the workshop for about 4 hours. What a hoot, super lite and it felt tiny.
Bruce from Wagga Wagga Australia

Welcome to the forum, Bruce! I don't have any specifics, but check through a few of the threads in the Similar Threads pane below...there are others that have talked about the limp mode.

Bruce,

Welcome to the forum!

Since your problem is model specific, and your bike is a Wethead, I am going to move your post to the Wethead section where those that are more familiar with that model will give you the information that you're looking for. The Motorad section is for general motorcycling conversations, not bike specific.

The year of your bike might be pertinent, so if you could include that, it would be a good idea.

:dance:dance:dance

Back