• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New member from huntington beach california

gfelk

Hi my name is Gary i am retired and I live in the great state of California. I have had many bikes-but my current ride is a 2014
blue r1200rt. Riding many years starting with a hand made 2 stroke mini bike. Several year motorcycle back packing up the upper kern before the sierra club shut it down.
I enjoy long scenic rides thru the local hills. Or on occasion out of the state. Arizona loop, Colorado loop ,Utah, Montana. Pch ride up to tip of Washington state and many others. I enjoy riding with like minded riders, no egos, just to enjoy the ride.

Hola Gary, now fully retired in Huntington Beach!

Hope you're pleased with your latest BMW in the SoCal environs. It's a great place to visit {like the D.M.V.}, but we're much happier in the Tennessee River Valley now. :nod We passed thru NoCal this summer visiting National Parks on our Iron Butt N.P. challenge. Got to enjoy the smokey territory surrounding the Lava Beds N.M. & Lassen Volcanic Park when coming south from Mount Rainier N.P. The important thing is to set some goals and keep riding and enjoy the scenery! :) Mrs-HSV spent many years in SoCal to include: San Diego, Long Beach Ship Yard and Pt Hueneme. :ha

Come join the fun in Springfield, MO next June! The MOA is getting on in years too {celebrating 50 big ones; as is our club #5 [at the Lake Guntersville Lodge this weekend]}. Be safe & be seen out there on the PCH - - don't let the cagers run you over like a squirrel!!! :nono

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Welcome Gary! Hope you are enjoying the RT. That blue on the 2014 model is lovely. A pic or two to prove my point is always appreciated.

Welcome Gary! Hope you are enjoying the RT. That blue on the 2014 model is lovely. A pic or two to prove my point is always appreciated.

Here is a pic of the beautiful blue!šŸ˜Ž

Attachments

• 00A8B7A8-EBD1-4D26-9E66-0BC747D0C207.jpg
    00A8B7A8-EBD1-4D26-9E66-0BC747D0C207.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 41
Welcome from West NC!

Are you familiar with this place? It's on the way to upper Kern and offers a really unique camping experience. You'll need to ride a little off-pavement to get to the campsites, but that RT will do it.

The owner used to sell Rev-Pak soft luggage about 30 years ago, and is still very moto-friendly.

Ian

SongdogRanch-X2.jpg

Good shot, including the Lookout at Elsinore.
Ian, isn't the SongDog actually on route 33, between Ojai and Maricopa... Yeah, I guess that could be on the way to Kern...

Ian, isn't the SongDog actually on route 33, between Ojai and Maricopa... Yeah, I guess that could be on the way to Kern...

Yes, in the suburbs of New Cuyama. :ha

Mostly for the west valley, it's on the way to the Kern area.

Good shot, including the Lookout at Elsinore.

we used to get access was at the top of generals highway 99 above kernville by the ponderosa. The trail took you past little kern up to the upper Kern river then up to the golden trout wilderness. On the west side of the mountains due west of lone pine. Was motorcycle sanctioned but that was taken away. Somebody on a-dirt bike went off trail and rode on the marsh, sierra club got what they wanted so they could close the area to hikers only. It was a great ride thru the redwoods and forest. But that was a long time ago.

Back