• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Back in SE Arizona

mlarson

TLDR; I chased a job to the East coast for two years and now moved back to Arizona. I missed riding here. Less than a week after coming home, I went for a shakedown ride.

Montezuma Pass
20211010_095620.jpg

San Rafael Valley
20211010_095704.jpg

All smiles.....
20211010_102114.jpg

Posing for a pic..or three...
20211010_102846.jpg

20211010_102904.jpg

20211010_105037.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photos. Man, those X bikes were really great rides...to bad BMW didn't continue to develop them.

Montezuma Pass is such a great ride. If you have not you should make the loop follow Montezuma Pass to Parker Lake and take 83 to 82 to 90 back to Sierra Vista or wherever. I am a few miles from Montezuma Pass, unfortunately I am leaving Nov 1, until May 2022. My wife and I full-time RV and are Site Caretakers at Carr House, Hereford, AZ.

We just joined a local riding group out of Tucson mostly, SEAT Riders. They seem like a Bunch of great folks. They typically have rides every Friday somewhere.

Nice scenery for sure and your bike is by now a classic too :thumb. Shame that BMW no longer makes that type of machine...:cry

I sure wish BMW would make this bike again...instead, they've chosen to continue to get bigger, more HP bikes. Even the 310GS is heavier than my X.

Montezuma Pass is such a great ride. If you have not you should make the loop follow Montezuma Pass to Parker Lake and take 83 to 82 to 90 back to Sierra Vista or wherever. I am a few miles from Montezuma Pass, unfortunately I am leaving Nov 1, until May 2022. My wife and I full-time RV and are Site Caretakers at Carr House, Hereford, AZ.

We just joined a local riding group out of Tucson mostly, SEAT Riders. They seem like a Bunch of great folks. They typically have rides every Friday somewhere.

Small world. I've ridden all over behind the Huachucas. A few ghost towns I frequently visit back there are Sunnyside, Lochiel, Harshaw, and the adobe ruins at Alto Camp. I am also a member in SEAT though, unfortunately, I am not able to do Friday rides. Even the house/ranch that John Wayne used for the movie McLintock! is back at the San Rafael Ranch House down by Lochiel.

Maybe I'll see you out on the trails when you get back in May.

~ Mike

I sure wish BMW would make this bike again...instead, they've chosen to continue to get bigger, more HP bikes. Even the 310GS is heavier than my X.

Amen

Ian_Xchallenge%20muddy-X2.jpg

IMG_1168-X2.jpg

Nice. I like your rally setup on the X.

Thanks... It was a piece offered by Touratech at a crazy high price, but it really does work well. The fairing attaches to a rally tower behind it that you can't see. It mates with a large tank option that I didn't want to add. The 2.2 gallon tank is small, but I usually carry spare fuel in the tank panniers. I see you have that nice tank from the dude in Holland...

Ian

I have the 9.5l x-tank. It totally changes the bike in that I now have 225+ mile range.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Two more from Saturday riding out East towards Portal, AZ via Middlemarch road out of Tombstone and over the Chiricahua mountains.

51647754395_fa11ac8512_k.jpg

51646072772_c047868abd_k.jpg

Back