• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Searching for welding/fabrication in DC/MVA area

aakprrt

Hello, I have a 86 K100 that needs a small part fabricated/welded. It is the post that the seat hardware attaches to on the right side of the frame. I'm struggling to describe it -- like a bolt basically, that sticks out parallel to the frame that the seat connects to and hinges on for stability.

I'm in Hyattsville Maryland. I've emailed a few fabrication/welding shops but have not heard anything back. Hoping there's an individual out there who might be willing to connect me to someone or who could work with me.

I will add a photo soon.

Thanks!

I have a friend about there... he wants photos!
Meanwhile, I'll show him the picture from the MAX fiche, not detailed enough.
It looks like you're asking about the "welded pin" to the right of, and above, the "Number1" in this picture?
K-Frame.png

Yes! I think that's the part. Glad to know what to call it.

I am at work now but will upload a photo when I get home. Thank you!

I have a friend about there... he wants photos!
Meanwhile, I'll show him the picture from the MAX fiche, not detailed enough.
It looks like you're asking about the "welded pin" to the right of, and above, the "Number1" in this picture?
View attachment 85633

Hello! Apologies for the delay in posting. Attached is photo of the part -- not my bike -- that is broken off. I have not yet found a welder/fabricator to do this. I think as it would be a one off it'd probably be pricey.

Alternative is to simply go the opposite direction, set up an aftermarket seat without using the original mounting hardware. I'm not sure what to do. k100 seat mount.PNG

I will forward the photo to my bro and see what happens.
Without a "correct" mounting point, an aftermarket seat might not work...

Last edited:
:clap Hey, we got a guy near you - Do you know how to use this Forum's "Private Messaging" system?

PM Sent!

11/18 - Another PM sent, the contact info.

11/25 - AAKPRRT, do you still need this welding done??

12/6 - What's the status?? - Did you get this fixed?

Last edited:
Back