• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grab The Motorcycle Keys or the Car Keys

This is a not quandary for me. Bike when possible.

I generally go AGATT. With my Aerostich Roadcrafter 2-piece which zips together and is on in 15 seconds I can be off almost as fast as I can be in the car. I use my GS as a packhorse; filling the panniers at the grocery store, running a package to the post office, or carrying 60 pounds of dog food. If things get much bigger than that I am on four wheels.

In the summer riding around Spartanburg SC in 90 degree temps and 80 percent humidity it just gets HOT in this outfit. On the move it is not so bad but at long holding stoplights it is a sweat bath. On those days I will often swap out for my Hi-Vis TourMaster Sonora vented jacket and jeans, with the mandatory (at least to me) helmet, gloves and boots. This outfit is a bit less cumbersome in the stores than the Aerostich, but while riding I am aware that I am more vulnerable too. If I leave the city limits the Aerostich is on, and now that the temps have dropped it is the go to outfit until next summer.

It is also fun wearing the gear (minus the helmet) into the stores and watching the reactions. Mostly positive looks, sometimes a little one asking "Are you a Power Ranger?", sometimes an old guy asking what I ride and reminiscing about when he used to ride, and others who can't believe that this white bearded guy (me) is still riding a motorcycle! It also reminds people that motorcyclists are part of the community and hopefully they will notice the motorcycles on the road. Good PR can't hurt.

Last edited:
Not a quandary for me

I sold the car here in Taiwan about 3 years ago; it sat in the garage most of the time. To many cars on the road and no place to park once you get somewhere. I make a run to Cosco about once a week on my Kymco 180 and it can carry all I need plus the wife. My older scoot used to carry groceries, the wife and two kids but now they are toooo big.

Attachments

• line_623296522088949.jpg
    line_623296522088949.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 50
Back