Thread: Front fork reflector

Front fork reflector

Ok, not a major issue but anal self wants to replace the reflector that fell off my front fork. Bob’s microfiche doesn’t show this part, anyone know of a source for this?
    Charlie P.
    1992 R100R
    1996 R1100GS

Never mind, Max has them

Quote Originally Posted by 174713 View Post
    Ok, not a major issue but anal self wants to replace the reflector that fell off my front fork. Bob’s microfiche doesn’t show this part, anyone know of a source for this?
    Found this on Max’s site.
    Charlie P.
    1992 R100R
    1996 R1100GS

Mine fell i the garage, so now
    What do you use to reattach it!??

They're self-stick, you peel off the paper backing. Clean the fork with alcohol before applying, let dry, and get it right the first time...
    If there's no more sticky left, a dab of weatherstrip adhesive should be good.
    I added two more of those, popping the amber piece out of the holder, one on each side of the front fender. Looks good, and the different mounting angle adds to the visibility for oncoming vehicles.
    Last edited by Pauls1150; 10-17-2021 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added note about mounting angle

Same happened to mine, I took the other side off. Looks much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front Fork reflector from Max BMW Fiche:

63 14 2 306 604 REFLECTOR, YELLOW $11.41
    Michael Stock, Trinity, NC
    R1100RT, R100, R60/6

Be aware that every state has a requirement for front and rear reflectors; it's also required in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, section 571.108.

BMW even had a recall not very long ago because the saddlebags covered up the rear reflectors on some models.

I've never heard of anybody getting a ticket for lacking reflectors, but if a cop wanted to add to other charges, or just give you a hard time...

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post
    Be aware that every state has a requirement for front and rear reflectors; it's also required in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, section 571.108.

BMW even had a recall not very long ago because the saddlebags covered up the rear reflectors on some models.

I've never heard of anybody getting a ticket for lacking reflectors, but if a cop wanted to add to other charges, or just give you a hard time...
    Sure! And the Code of Federal Regulations also require a very specific EPA certification to be stamped on the exhaust system of every motorcycle in the US built after a certain date.

I seriously doubt there is a single US attorney anywhere in the country that wants to spend time prosecuting somebody for their aftermarket exhaust on a BMW motorcycle.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

They look for some sort of side reflecting something or other during mandatory motorcycle annual inspection here in Mass.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Try and find a Harley that has them still on. I have actually seen them popped off before a new bike left the dealer parking lot.
    I can tell you mine doesn’t have them on.
    The pen is mightier than the sword….unless some one is trying to stab you with the sword….then it’s the sword…..definitely the sword