• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Side case paint protection

Dropped my GT in the driveway and the underside of the pannier took the brunt. I’m thinking of painting underside half in flat paint that can be repaired, some sort of tough urethane spray (like truck bed paint) or some sort of film or vinyl wrap. Don’t want to repaint bag if there’s another “incident”. Any thoughts?

Dropped my GT in the driveway and the underside of the pannier took the brunt. I’m thinking of painting underside half in flat paint that can be repaired, some sort of tough urethane spray (like truck bed paint) or some sort of film or vinyl wrap. Don’t want to repaint bag if there’s another “incident”. Any thoughts?

I am a fan of truck bed liner. My first K75 had its 8.5 gallon fuel tank, HD FLH trunk, and sidecases all finished with Duplicolor spray-can truck bed liner.

Attachments

• K75T.jpg
    K75T.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 77
Just a suggestion

They don't look pretty but you could try protection bars. My GT's previous owner mounted engine and pannier protection bars. It saved the paint quite a few times as I learned what not to do when going slow or reverse in my driveway. They also work great as camera mounting bars for non-helmet mounted shots.

https://www.iliumworks.com/REAR_PROTECTION_BARS.cfm

side case

Years ago when cars rusted out so bad we sprayed the lower 8 inches all along the sides of the car. we used Gravel guard, or it might have been rock guard.. It came clear and was rubbery . It could be scraped off. I think the truck box spray doesn't remain rubbery ,and might be hard getting off. The gravel guard came in a spray can, most auto part stores should have it. It went on easy ,and stayed kinda bumpy if you ran your hand along . I think you could paint over it too.

Back