• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Learn from my mistake plus Platinum Roadside Assistance experience

With the tire off some sanding and a repaint with Wurth Silver Wheel Paint should hide most of that.

Best,
DeVern

Yesterday I loaded the bike in my pickup and took it to Haps for my appointment. They called the number I gave them for the authorization and referenced the claim number I provided. There was some disagreement on the cost of the tire. Haps sold it for $200 and said that was below their actual cost. They would only authorize $180. I said fine and the work was done. The repair order came to a total of $265.18 which I paid in full. The total authorization given to Haps was for $241.87. I loaded the bike back up and returned home with both documents in hand.

A quick search for my tire online confirmed $200 was a very fair cost. Road 5 GT R180/55ZR17
The damaged tire only had 220 miles on it and was just a few months old and also cost $200 when installed previously.

I just logged into the web portal at
https://nationsafedrivers.com/login-page/Member

and logged in with the claim number and access code provided on the authorization. I uploaded a copy of the repair order. Now we will see how long it takes to get the check.

My only gripe thus far is I think they should have authorized the full $250 max instead of $241.87. The process has been painless though and communication has been fine.

Last edited:
I called them to verify that was the max payout for that tire. They have a database based on SKU numbers for the tires and wholesale costs. The max payout for my size was in fact $179.99. Oh well.

I called them to verify that was the max payout for that tire. They have a database based on SKU numbers for the tires and wholesale costs. The max payout for my size was in fact $179.99. Oh well.

They are supposed to replace the tire up to a certain amount, not use their formula for replacement cost which didn't cover up to the limit they set for replacement.

As such, you're incurring more cost that the plan suggests. More bad press for bmw's roadside assistance/tire replacement program :dunno

I had a good experience with BMWMOA Platinum

Just 'sayin. I broke down on the state line of FL/GA in middle of the Okefenokee Swamp. Where I rolled to a stop a sign said "Welcome to Georgia" and the one on the other side of the road said "Welcome to Florida." It was 4 PM on a Saturday afternoon. It was a miracle I even had cell service but I called the Roadside assistance number and a truck rolled up about 90 minutes later. The driver drove 42 miles to get me and then 72 miles to my house. It was 41 miles home for him after dropping me at my house. In the cab on the way home he admitted passing on the first call from Roadside but when they called back a little later and asked again because the next service in the rotation wouldn't do it, he agreed.

We hear the bad all the time because complaint is more common than praise but in my case it was a very good experience and Seldomridge Towing in Hillard FL is owned by a stand up guy. His tow truck driver was out sick that Saturday so the owner hopped in the truck.

They are supposed to replace the tire up to a certain amount, not use their formula for replacement cost which didn't cover up to the limit they set for replacement.

As such, you're incurring more cost that the plan suggests. More bad press for bmw's roadside assistance/tire replacement program :dunno

I'll certainly agree to that.
And from my experience using their Trip Interruption and the Vehicle Reunite provisions (2015)... you won't like their "formula for payback" either!

??? But SKU numbers only identify the specific item, and wholesale cost is (somewhat...) fixed - These are not a "formula". (not applicable to trip interrupt nor vehicle reunite)

It’s insurance! They are hoping you die before you need it…….as long as the premium was paid in full :banghead
OM

I won't quibble over $8 and if they mail a check in the next week I will be completely satisfied with the service and the value I got from my membership.

Unlike some other reports I have nothing negative to say about the process thus far.

Got a notice via email and text that the claim was paid today @ $241.87. That is 6 working days since I uploaded the invoice. I expect to see the check soon.

Received my check in the mail today. Completely satisfied with my experience with the tire hazard replacement program.

Back