Thread: Inspection assistance in LA - R90/6 possibly damaged in transport, owner in Australia

Inspection assistance in LA - R90/6 possibly damaged in transport, owner in Australia

Hello all

This comes to you from Perth, Australia with a request for assistance to view a motorcycle, recently purchased from Indianapolis that may have been damaged in road transport. The bike is a '76 BMW R90/6 now at a depot in Rancho Dominguez, Los Angeles CA 90220

The short story is I contracted a shipper (who I have previously used) to transport the motorbike from Indiana to Australia, however, this time a unique occurrence whereby the pickup driver wanted to "lie the bike down" for the journey. The seller fortunately insisted this not be done though I'm unclear how it was ultimately secured/transported and whether damage has been sustained to the motorbike. The bike was insured.

Accordingly a request ......if anyone is available that could visit the depot, complete a thorough inspection and take some good photos of the bike/email OR recommend a nearby BMW motorcycle workshop who could do same, I would be most grateful.

I'm not that familiar with the forum though would telephone to arrange access etc on my behalf to the depot

Thanks in advance
    Patrick

Call Long Beach BMW Motorcycles, https://www.longbeachbmwmotorcycles.com/, they're only 15 minutes away, then you'll have a professional opinion to go on and a shop who can render services if necessary. And what is name of shipping company, as I would like to avoid them (shipping bike on its side! )
    '17 R1200RT '93 R100RS
    MOA #46783

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Call Long Beach BMW Motorcycles, https://www.longbeachbmwmotorcycles.com/, they're only 15 minutes away, then you'll have a professional opinion to go on and a shop who can render services if necessary. And what is name of shipping company, as I would like to avoid them (shipping bike on its side! )
    Yes, speak to Charles (owner) or Jeff (Svc. Manager) there. Highly recommend that dealership.
    '20 R1250RT,
    Priors: '17 R1200GS, '16 R1200R, '14 R1200GS, '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5 (LWB).

Thank you @Motodan & @sailolite for the advice - will follow up with Charles / Jeff

Re the name of the bike's collector. I contracted a bike shipper in Australia (who I've used previously & they did a great job); they contracted a US based company quote ...."transporter who does handle all of our USA collections/deliveries is based in Portland" ......I'm yet to be advised who the Portland company was and whether the driver/pickup was their employee or a subcontractor