• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat for F700GS

gyanni

I've acquired a BMW F 700 GS with the stock seat. Is there an alternative that will have me loving this bike on a ride longer than 2 hours? I've been searching on line but I haven't seen anything that doesn't require a huge chunk of change. Just curious if anyone has changed out or modified their stock seat. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!
Seats are always of interest. I put a Sargent on my F800GS- better. Added an Airhawk- better.
It seems that the Russell Day Long is the one people like the most
Good luck.
Gary

Welcome to the Forum!

This is not unique to the F700. Some people love stock seats, some can’t stand them. Some people love Corbin seats, some can’t stand them. Some people love Russel Day Longs, some can’t stand them.

The basic lesson is; Everyone’s butt is different. That is why we don’t all ride on the same seat.

Ironically, I found the factory “Comfort” seat to be the least comfortable of the three factory seats (on test rides during the purchase of my wife’s F700Gs). The Low seat that she finally got is fairly good, but too close to the pegs for me. It’s worked out perfectly for her. Her butt is much different than mine (thank God!).

Seats are such a personal preference, that you should try to try them on, like shoes. Or, if you are lucky enough to have a good seat builder near you can do a ride in where the build the seat, minus the cover, then cover it with Syran Wrap and go for a good ride and come back for adjustments until you’re happy, and then cover it. I did that with my Corbin and am very happy.

Mike Corbin once told me that BMW has singlehandedly insured that his business is always booming!

Good luck finding what fits your butt.

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Russell Day-Long

My wife, Karla, and I bought a pair of F/GS back in 2014. She ordered a Sargent right away. When it arrived I used that original seat to get a RDL made. It works great, although it does make the seat height a bit taller. I have since sold the F800GS. I put the original seat on it and kept the RDL for those times when I ride Karla's bike.

Last edited:
I have a Corbin and a stock seat. I used the stock for 3 years then the Corbin for 10. Now back to the stock.

I have both a Sargent saddle and a Russell Sport saddle (Day-long lite) for my GS. For longer rides I use the Russell, which is in a class by itself for comfort, but which doesn’t let me flat foot the bike easily on both sides. The Sargent does, so for routine local riding, errands etc. the Sargent is ideal. Both are first class products.

I had a 2013 700 GS that I put 62000 Mike on before moving on. In that mileage I went from a bmw comfort seat to a seat concepts, then two different air hawk pads, one Bill Mayer seat pad, a borrowed 300 mile test ride with a Day Long seat which was great but I couldn't flat foot with, and finally a Sargent Enduro flat seat, which was the only seat I could do 700 plus miles a day on. All the rest had me in pain by 300 miles. Not sure what it about the 700 design, but it's the only MC out of 7 different bikes where I had that problem. Good luck with your search but I'd suggest giving the Sargent seat a try. I was lucky and had the Sargent sales person give me the option of purchasing at the Hamburg national rally to ride home with, (700 Miles) and if it didn't do the job, send it back in good condition for full refund. I rode that 700 Mike's straight through with the biggest grin on my face and kept it. I did one additional 900 Mike rides with it from Wawa Canada to St Louis and several 600 Mike rides in between, so reasonably happy to suggest it as a possibility. Good luck.

I've acquired a BMW F 700 GS with the stock seat. Is there an alternative that will have me loving this bike on a ride longer than 2 hours? I've been searching on line but I haven't seen anything that doesn't require a huge chunk of change. Just curious if anyone has changed out or modified their stock seat. Thanks.

I bought my '13 F700GS in '20 with 22k on the clock. The previous owner had installed a Corbin and I can ride for 8-10 hours with stops every 2-3 hours in relative comfort.

Which Sargent Seat?

Hi,

Which Sargent seat has anyone tried and liked. Here are their three options.
1) World Sport Performance Seat
2) World Sport Adventure Touring Seat
3) World Sport Performance Plus Seat

Currently I use an airhawk with a stock seat. The gray/black stock seat.

Corbin’s are on the list too even though they are slightly more.

Thank you.

I have the Sargent number 1 on my F800GS. A bit better and a bit better with an AirHawk. If I was closer, I would do a ride-in and get measured for a Russell Day-Long.
Too bad there wasn’t a database of riders that would allow seat-swaps so it would be easier to make a great first choice.
OM

I have the Sargent number 1 on my F800GS. A bit better and a bit better with an AirHawk. If I was closer, I would do a ride-in and get measured for a Russell Day-Long.
Too bad there wasn’t a database of riders that would allow seat-swaps so it would be easier to make a great first choice.
OM

A gallery of posterior photographs :eek. Careful what you wish for..... very careful.

Back