• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New member here in Calgary Alberta with 1991 K75 RT .

xcaret

I bought a 1991 K75 RT in late August this year,and love it .

Attachments

• 2000_0118_194624_010.JPG
    2000_0118_194624_010.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
This is a great spot for K-Bike owners as we have members with a lot of knowledge on keeping them in top running order.
Gary

Thanks Omega Man

Welcome to the forum!
This is a great spot for K-Bike owners as we have members with a lot of knowledge on keeping them in top running order.
Gary
Thanks, I'm still getting used to owing this cool K75. I allready have a couple of questiions .
I was a member back around 1981 when I had a 1978 R100RS . I'd forgotten how Beemers were so smooth.

I remember back then riding back and forth through the mountains ,and the speed limit was 55mph . I think I was cruising along at that speed then notice the speedometer was closer to 70mph,
I notuice the same thing wuth my K75 , I thuink I'm cruising along at about 90 kmph but when I look at the speedo I'm up around 110.
Until this covid thing came along I had been thinking of getting a trailer hitch put on my camper van ,and loading My Harley onto a trailer and spending time in the southern USA , where I could ride all day and not be frozen. I guess I'll just have to wait and see hat happens now.
Kinda hard having my " new bike" in the garage ,and snow on the griound .

Thanks fellow Calgrian.

Welcome from another Calgarian. I've always liked the K75 bikes though have never owned one.
Thank's for the welcome. I had no idea what a K 75 was before buying this one a few weeks ago. I noticed on another suite , a lot of people wishuing they'd kept their K75's ,I think I got lucky buying one . I'm a senior and 750 cc's is plenty for me now.
BTW I see you joined in 2003 , but your bike is a 2008, what other bikes have you owned ?

Welcome from Newfoundland.

Thanks for the welciome.
My dream is to travel from Calgary across Canada to NewFoudland some day. Now with the US border closed for covid ,maybe this summer I will.
Out here in Alberta there are lots of people from Newfoundland ,eveyone of them so friendly .

Thank's for the welcome. I had no idea what a K 75 was before buying this one a few weeks ago. I noticed on another suite , a lot of people wishuing they'd kept their K75's ,I think I got lucky buying one . I'm a senior and 750 cc's is plenty for me now.
BTW I see you joined in 2003 , but your bike is a 2008, what other bikes have you owned ?

My first BMW was a 94 R1100RS which is still in the family now owned by my brother-in-law. The current 08 K1200GT replaced it and is now coveted by my BIL to take the place of the RS in his garage. We'll see when that happens and the agreement is the RS will come back to me. My other bike currently is a 2019 F850GSA which was preceded by an 09 F800GS and an 02 F650GS before it. My wife also has her 08 F800ST.

Prior to BMWs I was a Honda rider.

...Another thing was, after wondering if I had been deliberatly insulted by a Honda rider who said the flying bricks sounded like a sewing machine , I nioticed as I crused along that the darn thing does sound like a sewing machine Lol.

Welcome xcaret! Thanks for the pic. Nice looking bike.

I personally wouldn't take the sewing machine reference as an insult. The Honda VFR, as well as the Honda ST1300, with stock exhaust also sound like sewing machines and those are some of the sweetest engines around.

Back