• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wheel Bushing orientation on 1995 R1100RSL

dennypink

DennyPink
1995 R1100RSL with 80,000+ miles. I bought the bike with 30,000 miles and to my knowledge, the front wheel bearings were original. For preventative maintenance, I decided to install new bearings and seal. In the old right (brake side) bearing was a metal bushing. According to Max BMW fiche, this is part number 36-31-2-312-285, #4, and displayed as "bushing left." Again, mine was in the right side bearing. The wheel has always spun freely, and tracked straight. I am confused! Thank you for any thoughts.
DP

Oh Boy - do I feel stupid! The assembly can only go together one way. Getting old ain't for sissy's. Sorry to take your time.
Moderators - please delete this threat as it has no redeeming value!
DP

Sure it does.
The question of wheel spacers and orientation come up pretty regular.
I will add a bit to the title to improve the search feature.
:thumb
OM

It’s an experience/familiarity thing- really. Nobody should be concerned about asking questions here on the forum. The forum is a major benefit of the MOA membership experience. There is a wealth of information archived and a group that has a lot of repair experience.
OM

Back