• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Help! R27 Wiring in the Headlight

I am new to the forum. Thanks to all my predecessors for having so much information! This is my first vintage BMW. The wiring was a mess and mostly disconnected. I've installed a new main wiring harness but I'm struggling to identify the correct poles on the wiring terminal located within the headlight bucket to hook my harness wires. Of course, my terminal board has the numbers somewhat near the poles and I have two wiring diagrams. But the board's numbers and the wiring diagrams seem to be different.

Does anyone have a color picture showing how the wires are connected?

A picture or diagram that has a picture of the board and labels (perhaps with arrows pointing to the poles with the labeled numbers) would be incredible! Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum and the world of vintage BMWs! Can you provide pictures of your board and also of the wires you are trying to attach? Where did you get the wiring harness?

This is probably difficult to work with but it should be accurate:

https://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Start/tips/handbuecher/motorrad/HB_R27.pdf

You can also try this page:

https://vintagebmw.org/library/

The Vintage BMW Motorcycle club has amassed a lot of documents. Choose R27 from the model list and see if there are other resources to help.

Wow! Lots of wires and connectors there! Anyway, here's my read from a diagram I have. Take it with a grain of salt and be sure where the wires terminate to on the bike.
R27Diagram.jpg

Back