• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Going west the last week of May?

Dubuque

Don't know if this is the right forum for this but thought I would ask anyway.

I am taking the plunge and buying a used 1150RT :thumb in Maryland in May but I live in Arizona. I will be heading west the last week of May from West (by God) Virginia. Is there anyone else that is planning to head west after Memorial Day? Thought it would be nice to hook up with someone while crossing Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Kansas to New Mexico. :dance

Tom

Virginia my home state

I'm in Ca. now, but rode back there a lot lately. West Virginia seems to be doing a lot of Hwy.construction these days. Maybe May won't be too bad for this activity. I crossed W.VA, through its center from N.Va. and found the two lanes really neat and twisty. I crossed Kentucky into Indy,Illinois and Missouri,Kansas,etc... My best friend from Prescott,AZ. passed away last year and I rode there a lot too, over the years. My daughter soon to be student at University of AZ.,Tucson, so my travels on bike won't quit! Good luck with your 1150. I ride KLT and R100/7. Randy, Clovis,Ca..13233moa

Polarbear,

Thanks for the note. My wife now wants me to meet her and our daughter in Minnesota so it looks like I will take a detour up around the lakes on my way back to Tucson. If you are heading this way in the future drop a line and I could meet up with you somewhere. The local BMW club meets for lunch once a month on Sunday afternoons. It is awfully hot here in the summer months though for riding especially in town. Starts getting decent again in late Sept.

My daughter is just graduating :clap :groovy from university so with my "raise" I am buying the 1150RT in Maryland, hence the trip back to AZ after a stop over in WV.

Tom

Congrats!

Best wishes for your daughter graduating...I will be coming on down there and I live in similar climate here in Clovis. We get lots of days way over a 100. I turn into night rider, when traveling to avoid as much summer heat as I can. Not uncommon for me to get out before midnight and ride through the night, cooler hours. I do daytime, too with tons of water! Gini and I rode to Ohio National Rally last year and five days straight out of CA over 100 mark, all the way into Illinois, etc.,arggggg! Hope your May trip is success and enjoyable with the new ride. Happy Trails, Randy Owens moa13233

Back