Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AGV Sportmodular Helmet

Neotec 2 vs HJC I90 (or any other modular helmet)

Wanted to add to this thread since there is a lot of great opinions here.. I am in the market for a modular helmet. I just happen to have a $900 credit at Cycle Gear (story for another day)... I am thinking either a Shoei Neotec2 or an HJC i90.

my two thoughts are:
    I want a modular helmet while the Shoei is about $800 for the solid colors, I have "free" money so done deal.

OR

I want a modular helmet and a Cardo comm unit (and maybe $ left over for a jacket)

I (sorry all) usually ride my Harley Ultra and wear a half helmet and wear a full face when riding my 1150RT or Buell XB12, or during the winter months in NH (any fogging issues with either helmet?), so I am not wearing a full face every day.. So do I buy a really nice helmet and enjoy it or do I go with a less expensive and maybe less comfortable but gain the addition of the comm unit?? (I do like listening to music and having audio from Waze or Google maps.

I would appreciate your thoughts. for reference too I did try on a Neotec 2 and an i90 at Americade and yes, the Neotec 2 fit and felt great, the i90 was ok.. The price difference between the two helmets is around $600. I know, I know, what is my head really worth??

Thanks
    Royce

Quote Originally Posted by roycet4 View Post
    Wanted to add to this thread since there is a lot of great opinions here.. I am in the market for a modular helmet. I just happen to have a $900 credit at Cycle Gear (story for another day)... I am thinking either a Shoei Neotec2 or an HJC i90.

my two thoughts are:
    I want a modular helmet while the Shoei is about $800 for the solid colors, I have "free" money so done deal.

OR

I want a modular helmet and a Cardo comm unit (and maybe $ left over for a jacket)

I (sorry all) usually ride my Harley Ultra and wear a half helmet and wear a full face when riding my 1150RT or Buell XB12, or during the winter months in NH (any fogging issues with either helmet?), so I am not wearing a full face every day.. So do I buy a really nice helmet and enjoy it or do I go with a less expensive and maybe less comfortable but gain the addition of the comm unit?? (I do like listening to music and having audio from Waze or Google maps.

I would appreciate your thoughts. for reference too I did try on a Neotec 2 and an i90 at Americade and yes, the Neotec 2 fit and felt great, the i90 was ok.. The price difference between the two helmets is around $600. I know, I know, what is my head really worth??

Thanks
    Royce

Not to be a wrench thrower...but Schuberth has a clever integrated comm slot on the c4 pro AND the c5- slot in the helmet for battery and a sena made com unit (sc1 and sc2)...speakers and mike are also in the helmet.. The helmet costs less than the Shoei but, at least by reputation (?!?), is in that league.The comm unit runs around 279-350. I tried a Schuberth years ago and the fit sucked- for me- and I went with Neotec...since then I believe they have altered the shape somewhat and I found it to be a good fit-for me. I got the c4 pro but am reluctant to get the comm for it (I'm easily distracted on one hand but I want to be able to answer wifey if she calls!) so I cannot vouch for the quality of the comm...the reviews seem mixed- but they seem mixed for all units!