• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New Bike Shipping From The Factory Details

Lee

Debbie's Servant
Most of this is in another thread but I thought I would start a new thread making it easier to find the information if someone is doing a search.

Ordered two 2022 R1250RS bikes mid Aug 2021

Built in Berlin Aug 24th and 25th

Dealer emailed me the VIN numbers and the shipping container number.

Bikes arrived at the Bremerhaven Germany docks Sep 7th
I think I got the name of the ship by googling the container number.
The container shipping company was https://www.hamburgsud-line.com/liner/en/liner_services/ecommerce/visibility/track_trace/index.html

I used a Marine Traffic site to follow the ship and see it docked. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-33.5/centery:30.6/zoom:3

Loaded on ship (MSC Marina) Sep 17
Ship departed Germany Sep 18th

I was able to follow the ship as it left Germany and through the English Channel. I could see the ship location and speed as long it was within 60 miles of land.
When I thought it should be close to the US I paid a one time fee of $0.99 to track the ship by satellite. I saw it was close to Canada and a couple days later I could see it again near Cape Cod on the Marine Traffic site.

The ship arrived at the New York dock without any delays off shore on Sep 28. On the Marine Traffic site I could see the ship was at a dock.
Unloaded from ship Sep 29th

The container tracking site had no new info for a few days

Oct 4 a local trucking company picked up the container and I could now see it on the DHL site https://dhli.dhl.com/dhli-client/publicTracking?1
On the DHL site I select Customer Ref Number and entered the last 7 digits of the VIN (Use Caps)

Same day, Oct 4 the container arrived at the distribution center, Easton, Pa.
The container was unloaded and on Oct 5 our bikes are on a truck headed to Kansas City.

ETA for arriving in KC is Monday Oct 11th.

For me it looks like seven weeks from production to delivery at the dealer.

I’ll update this when they arrives at Engle Motors.

Two others had details on their orders in this thread https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?100837-2022-R1250-RT-Availability

With a certain order code the dealer could have bumped up the production date a little but I told him not to bother because I was guessing late October for delivery and the bikes would just sit until spring.

Last edited:
DHL shows the bikes arrived at the destination airport/
I wonder if DHL uses the airport to turn over the crates to a local trucker?

Maybe they did fly them from Pennsylvania.

Arrived at Destination Airport Thu, Oct 07, 2021 08:51
Confirmed on Board Tue, Oct 05, 2021 21:10

Last edited:
I spoke to the salesman today and he said it was common to fly the bikes from the warehouse to the mid-west and western states.

My tracking info and one or two others in the other thread showed the bikes went to Easton Pa after being unloaded from the ship.
I always thought the main warehouse was in NJ.
Easton is on the Pa - NJ line. Is there a warehouse for bikes in Pa and a warehouse for parts in NJ?

My tracking info and one or two others in the other thread showed the bikes went to Easton Pa after being unloaded from the ship.
I always thought the main warehouse was in NJ.
Easton is on the Pa - NJ line. Is there a warehouse for bikes in Pa and a warehouse for parts in NJ?

BMWNA moved their distribution center to Nazareth several years ago.

Debbie and I are in Arkansas. Her first ride in four months because of her foot surgery.
My tracking info showed the bikes would arrive at the Kansas City shop today so we stopped in to see if they arrived.
The truck pulled in front of the shop while we were there. Good timing.
I asked Peter if he could open the top so we could look in.
I wanted to see if they shipped with Brembo and they did.
They made it through production with ESA. By a day or two.
We might head home a little early so we can get the bikes sometime next week.

Debbie and I are in Arkansas. Her first ride in four months because of her foot surgery.
My tracking info showed the bikes would arrive at the Kansas City shop today so we stopped in to see if they arrived.
The truck pulled in front of the shop while we were there. Good timing.
I asked Peter if he could open the top so we could look in.
I wanted to see if they shipped with Brembo and they did.
They made it through production with ESA. By a day or two.
We might head home a little early so we can get the bikes sometime next week.

Outstanding!!! :clap:clap:clap

E.

Back